Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148530 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #795 on: October 10, 2012, 05:01:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 10, 2012, 05:01:59 pm »

He doesn't.
I killed him by stabbing him in the ass with a dagger, xD.

Mace, or any of the fist weapons are far more horrifying.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 10, 2012, 05:12:43 pm »

I had to use my last two. My first ecounter with him went like this.
Me: I'm going to make bacon out of your ass, Porky.
Fire Bomb
Fire Bomb
Fire Bomb
slip...
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 10, 2012, 06:51:15 pm »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 10, 2012, 06:55:37 pm »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 10, 2012, 07:19:54 pm »

You can try to jump from the bridge or use the alluring skull you get.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 10, 2012, 07:41:15 pm »

Can you do plunge attacks after jumping horizontally? I've not tried that.

It's really easiest to let the boar run into the fires. They're there for a reason. I consider it a valid strategy because a mistake means heavy damage or death. Draw it over to the stairs and run above the fire as it's coming, and it should run into it.
Alternatively, hide behind the columns and poke it when it walks away.
Or just run past it. You can run through that entire area fairly easily.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 10, 2012, 08:20:38 pm »

You could also use it as practice and fight it normally. It's not the only boar in the game and the others don't have any tricks, really. You just have to fight them one on one on terrain that favors it, rather than you. Or, you could just run past it. I've got one game where I chose to keep it alive. It's just a boar. Felt sorry for it.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 10, 2012, 08:23:38 pm »

You could also use it as practice and fight it normally. It's not the only boar in the game and the others don't have any tricks, really. You just have to fight them one on one on terrain that favors it, rather than you. Or, you could just run past it. I've got one game where I chose to keep it alive. It's just a boar. Felt sorry for it.
I already killed it a long time ago. Even got a sweet Boar Helmet, so I don't have to look at my ugly,undead mug.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 10, 2012, 08:29:35 pm »

The other boars are really late in the game though, so the practice won't really mean much as you'll almost certainly have a different setup OR it'll be so much later that the practice is diminished by the time you get to them. You're also likely to be significantly stronger anyway due to weapon upgrade access which is their real weakness (if you aren't a mage/pyromancer).

Kind of silly that there's only 3? of them in the entire game.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 10, 2012, 08:43:34 pm »

Give the poor boar a break. At least it will always be a midboss unlike other bosses that got demoted to elite mooks.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 10, 2012, 08:55:13 pm »

You could also use it as practice and fight it normally. It's not the only boar in the game and the others don't have any tricks, really. You just have to fight them one on one on terrain that favors it, rather than you.
Using cheap tricks at first and dying later when you don't have those tricks is definitely in the spirit of the game. I died five times before I got past the second boar encounter and I was happy about it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 10, 2012, 11:17:52 pm »

Oh man.  I sent a guy to the own zone today, and if it weren't for the fact that I'm Darkmoon so I know he deserved it, I'd feel really bad.

I invaded a guy in Forest as a spirit of vengeance, found him talking to Shiva.  You probably know where this is going.  I try to keep it just between us because I'm not that big a dick, but he has different plans.  Hits the bandit.  I roll away and spam Well!  What is it? while his former allies dogpile him and he racks up some more sin.  Hearing the lamentations of the debauched as they collect their just dues, it's the pardoner's burden I guess.
Shoes...

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 11, 2012, 03:51:54 am »

Boar isn't to tough. If you're a dick  you can rush the stair and loot those shiny skull items don't remember their name, and from the ledge toss them into the fire. The boar will chase them into the fire and into his death.
Or you can jump from the ledge and do a jump attack, might even one shot him.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 11, 2012, 07:51:26 am »

Heh, I was fighting the guys on the walkway above, rolled off and down onto the steps. From there I found the boar couldn't charge me so I chipped away at it's health. Took a while though...
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 127