Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148498 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #750 on: October 05, 2012, 07:51:39 pm »

Black Knight weapons have low scaling but it can and will kill everything by just having enough stats to wield it.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 05, 2012, 07:52:02 pm »

Just don't mind the dying and you should be fine.
If you can do this, you can beat the game.
Jelle, you appear to have accidentally stolen my words.
But yes, you don't have to be good at this game to win. You'll eventually get there by chance with enough perseverance. Give up when you die, though, and you'll never win. Death happens, no matter how good you are. Ledges, being trapped in corners, and induced effects (poison, curse, bleed) are the biggest three, I think.

PvP lag is terrible. I'm really glad I haven't met any spellcasters in PvP. Melee attacks hitting you when you're facing them with your shield up are bad enough.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 05, 2012, 08:01:09 pm »

Being hit with the shield up is called "dead angle". Even without lag, some people will hit you even with the shield up.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 05, 2012, 09:00:32 pm »

Okay, I've reached a point of no return.  I'm not sure if I want to get Darkwraith now, and play some at Kiln, maybe even level up to 120 without NG+, or go Darkmoon and do that through NG+ to 120 and Kiln+.

I kind of want to do Darkmoon but I'm worried I'll change my mind and realize I have an entire playthrough to get through before I can Darkwraith at kiln as a black fuckin' knight
Shoes...

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 06, 2012, 05:04:53 am »

Fuck I hate Xbox Live/our internet.
My friend asked if I had someone around level 40 to help him with Quelaag and I did, one of my favorite co-op characters who I fought Quelaag a lot with.
So after a bit of set up, we get things going. I'm having a bit of a disc-read error that just takes a moment of adjusting to fix.
He's sitting at the bonfire waiting for me to get into place to put down my sign. Then he goes to where I've place my sign, in front of Quelaag's fog door. Suddenly, he's dropped off Xbox Live. There's a problem we also have, which we usually call "pseudo-online mode" where the game acts as if it's online, but it isn't. You never get invaded, nor do you see signs, bloodstains, or apparitions. Fixing it requires restarting the Xbox or disconnecting and reconnecting to our network.
After sorting that out, he goes off to find a sign to confirm he's not in pseudo-online as I get summoned. The host dies quickly and after returning to my world, I'm dropped from XBL. It takes a moment for me to get back, d/c then r/c to our network, then having to deal with the disc read error. When I finally get online, he's dropped.
It pretty much goes like that for a while. The closest we got to co-oping was him seeing my sign and nearly summoning me. He got the "summoning phantom" message, but my sign vanished immediately after, so I was never summoned. Then I got dropped from XBL. After that I said fuck this shit.
Anyone else have these sort of problems? My internet connection is pretty dodgy, however.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 06, 2012, 06:46:12 am »

Oh my god, I can't stop playing this game.

So I accidently killed Murphy in Undead Burg.
Woops.
Got a free residence key and uchigatana.
Yay.
This was on my Zweihander Character btw.
Went back to the Asylum and killed the Stray Demon.
Spent my new 20k souls on getting my STR to 24 so I can one-hand my Zweihander.
Ran like hell through New Londo Ruins and finally found the Parrying Dagger.
So yeah. Parrying Dagger, Zweihander. Badassery ensues.
I rolled through lower undead burg, rescued the pansy sorcerer there.
5-shotted the Capra Demon.
Rescued Pyromancer dude.
Totally failed at doing a Plunging Attack on the giant rat. Ended up 3-shotting it though.
Got killed by a rat just after the giant rat. Got poisoned and had no Estus left.
Spent about 5k souls buying Fireball and upgrading my Pyromancy Flame.
Go to bonfire to equip it.
"Insufficient Attunement Slots"
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu
Alright, maybe leveling Attunement to 9 will get me that slot.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu
"Screw this, im gonna go kill the Titanite Demon in Andrei's basement!"
That actually didn't go too bad.

So at this point, i'm derping around in the Undead Burg trying to get the next 6-7k souls to level my attunement.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 06, 2012, 08:16:54 pm »

I'm fighting Mr. Force You to Jump Down a Third-of-Your-Health Pit, then Hit You With Toxic Sword Out of Fucking Nowhere While You're Healing.

AKA Mr. Skeletons Everywhere While You Fight Me.

AKA Mr.  Don't Agro The Giant Skeletons Behind Me or You're Fucked.

And I thought the Four Kings were bullshit.  Thankfully this guy doesn't seem too hard, if you can dodge the bullshit.

Really, this whole level has been a series of increasingly bullshit events.  My favorite so far is the Bone Beasts, because now I know how those Forest Hunters felt when I two-handed my sword and just knocked the shit out of them while they were staggerlocked.

EDIT:  Is it actually possible to dodge these fucking graveswords, or is one of the conditions of the fight that you're always toxic and occasionally lose like a quarter of your health?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:25:12 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 06, 2012, 08:24:47 pm »

"A Series of Bullshit Events" is a perfect alternate title for Dark Souls.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 06, 2012, 09:59:11 pm »

Well, I'm finally starting to like being a Darkmoon.  Not needing to be human is a big plus, and while it doesn't work too often, it's awesome when it does.  Had a guy try to wog spam me in Sen's Fortress, I impaled him on my justice dick black knight sword and kicked him off the roof.

Don't fuck with the sheriff, cheap tricks only prove you need my retribution.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 06, 2012, 10:07:54 pm »

The best counter to Wrath of the Gods is being able to fast roll. If you can do that you can be right up on them without getting hit as long as you keep rolling.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 06, 2012, 10:39:42 pm »

I'm fighting Mr. Force You to Jump Down a Third-of-Your-Health Pit, then Hit You With Toxic Sword Out of Fucking Nowhere While You're Healing.

And I thought the Four Kings were bullshit.  Thankfully this guy doesn't seem too hard, if you can dodge the bullshit.
Are you talking about Nito? I didn't even know he inflicted toxic damage - I didn't get hit once. Easy fight.
Quote from: the Wiki
If you kill his small skeletons with a Divine weapon, Nito becomes one of the game's most laughably easy bosses for a heavy melee build.
Oh, sorry. Didn't have a divine weapon, but I could take out all of the skeletons in one swing, so they were only a minor nuisance.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 06, 2012, 11:19:09 pm »

Parrying dagger kicks so much ass I almost want to start on my Oswald build right now.  I fought a guy like five times and died every time, I come back with parrying dagger and hornet's ring and he's too scared to even swing at me.
Shoes...

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 06, 2012, 11:34:25 pm »

Are you talking about Nito? I didn't even know he inflicted toxic damage - I didn't get hit once. Easy fight.
Quote from: the Wiki
If you kill his small skeletons with a Divine weapon, Nito becomes one of the game's most laughably easy bosses for a heavy melee build.
Oh, sorry. Didn't have a divine weapon, but I could take out all of the skeletons in one swing, so they were only a minor nuisance.

Also, if you just hang out near the entrance, you only have to deal with about 3 skeletons anyway. The rest won't aggro unless you move around a lot. You just have to survive a few of Nito's long range attacks before he actually wanders his way over to you. I've not had too much trouble with him, but he has killed me a few times... only used a divine weapon once though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 06, 2012, 11:36:04 pm »

Yeah, once I started using the Crest shield against his aoe attack so I didn't have to go sprinting across the room things got a lot easier.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 06, 2012, 11:40:33 pm »

I don't even remember how I killed Nito.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 127