Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148474 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #720 on: September 30, 2012, 07:03:35 am »

Update on my adventure:
Bought 30 firebombs from Murphy in Undead Burg.
Killed Moonlight Butterfly. Used a shield, sadly.
Killed Havel.
Got cocky, tried to kill the Hydra, hilarity ensued.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 30, 2012, 07:32:09 am »

Summoned a guy the other day to help me with the Hydra. After that we ran back up and were heading to the butterfly, but a plant started eating his face, and then spit him out inside of a rock. He couldn't get out so I was forced to separation crystal him.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 30, 2012, 07:40:06 am »

Aw but the hydra is so easy.
Seriously once you get close it's easy sailing, that thing cannot aim if its life depended on it. Once it's down a head or two it gets even easier.

Well I'm stumped on how to continue lvling.
I'm on lv 123 now, got a vitality of 50 so subsequent levels only add a measly 8 health. 40 endurance so raising that only increases my equip load wich is in a pretty good spot.
I'm not using miracles or magic, only a pyromancy here and there so my attunement is at 10. Strength I have at 50 and seems to still add a fair amount of damage on leveling up.
Then there's resistance on 15 but apparently that's useless.  :(
What should I raise?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 30, 2012, 07:45:30 am »

My unprofessional opinion says don't raise anything. I read somewhere that SL 120 is pretty good for multplayer.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 30, 2012, 07:53:28 am »

Aw but the hydra is so easy.
Seriously once you get close it's easy sailing, that thing cannot aim if its life depended on it. Once it's down a head or two it gets even easier.

Well I'm stumped on how to continue lvling.
I'm on lv 123 now, got a vitality of 50 so subsequent levels only add a measly 8 health. 40 endurance so raising that only increases my equip load wich is in a pretty good spot.
I'm not using miracles or magic, only a pyromancy here and there so my attunement is at 10. Strength I have at 50 and seems to still add a fair amount of damage on leveling up.
Then there's resistance on 15 but apparently that's useless.  :(
What should I raise?

I'd agree, don't level up.

Also, this particular character was an almost pure caster character. My most powerful weapon was a dagger... and the hydra is hard as hell to kill with projectiles you can't aim manually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 30, 2012, 08:01:04 am »

As far as I know, resistance is never, ever good to level up, for any reason.

Also holy shit, I am really regretting not taking the master key.  I wanted to do a real playthrough, with no twinking or sequence breaking or any of that, but god damn, Blighttown is fucked up.  If I can just get to the swamp it won't be that bad.
Try the back entrance to Blighttown. It is much closer to the swamp and requires no sequence breaking.

You're going to be assaulted by drakes, though.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 30, 2012, 08:13:28 am »

You need the master key to enter Valley of the Drakes from the start on New Londo. That's the easier way in that requires the key. I think you can buy the master key from Domas once he moves to the aqueduct.

The other way into Valley of the Drakes is through New Londo once the water drains away.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 30, 2012, 08:21:11 am »

There's a third way into the valley.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 30, 2012, 08:30:46 am »

As far as I know, resistance is never, ever good to level up, for any reason.

Also holy shit, I am really regretting not taking the master key.  I wanted to do a real playthrough, with no twinking or sequence breaking or any of that, but god damn, Blighttown is fucked up.  If I can just get to the swamp it won't be that bad.
Try the back entrance to Blighttown. It is much closer to the swamp and requires no sequence breaking.

You're going to be assaulted by drakes, though.
This. So very much of this. The back way has far less of the bottomless pit shenanigans that plague upper Blighttown and most of the blowgunners are easily reached from that direction. You miss a bit of loot that way, but I don't think there's anything really important in the upper walks. It's still the most taxing area I've played thus far, but it's at least playable that way.
... and then it explodes!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 30, 2012, 10:08:34 am »

The only note worthy loot there is the iaito.

The elevator from darkrook is something I can't remember if you need to activate it from the bottom in the valley or the top in darkroot.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 30, 2012, 10:22:50 am »

Power Within pyromancy too. It's nifty if you're building up to use it correctly.

I don't believe it matters which side you come from on that elevator. It's active already. A lever pull just brings it up or down to you if it's not there.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 02, 2012, 06:00:49 am »

This isn't really recent, but for the sake of keeping the thread alive, this happened to me on my Divine Claymore character:

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 02, 2012, 07:13:13 am »

haha.  Even when you're fighting well, you'll still fall off of edges sometimes.

I need to get better at using the praise the sun gesture at the end of the bossfights.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 02, 2012, 08:55:48 am »

See I don't get this hate about blighttown, never even fell off personally.

It makes me wonder, have none of you ever set foot in the tomb of giants? That place frightens and frusrates me like no other.
What's that,  you don't see where you're going; oh don't worry you're only running into a giant skeleton.
Oh what's that you dodged; you just jumped right off the ledge you failed to see.

Definatly my most horrifying experience in the game, made blighttown look like a cakewalk! Boss wasn't easy either.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 02, 2012, 09:00:55 am »

There are other light sources you can use.

Anyway, what's everyone's favorite ember? I'm big on Chaos, the humanity scaling is fragile but powerful.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 127