Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148446 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #675 on: September 25, 2012, 03:06:50 pm »

The interpretation of Dark Souls changes entirely once you start to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 25, 2012, 04:06:52 pm »

+10 sunlight straight sword isn't doing much for me without any extra points in STR or DEX and I refuse to make it divine.

Uh, why?  It makes perfect sense.
Roleplaying purposes. The whole thing about Solaire is he doesn't use magical equipment, instead relying on his faith and training to protect him.
Which is why I'm making the SS +15 and relying on Sunlight Blade to make it useful in combat.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 04:09:40 pm by lionstar »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 25, 2012, 04:53:08 pm »

Is there anything past the giant rat in the sewers, or should I just derp off in a different direction in search of my inevitable dooooom?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 25, 2012, 05:12:46 pm »

As far as I know the rat is completely optional since you can get to the lower level of the dephts without engaging it. But hey boss means lots of souls to be earned so why not kill it.

The interpretation of Dark Souls changes entirely once you start to
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:18:15 pm by Jelle »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 25, 2012, 08:15:36 pm »

The thing about the pygmy is the biggest mystery of Dark Souls.

Also, New Londo was flooded to seal the Dark Wraiths.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 26, 2012, 03:53:19 am »

Well, I killed the rat without engaging it, I dropped off the part above him and hit him for 848 damage, xD.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 26, 2012, 01:19:27 pm »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 26, 2012, 01:51:23 pm »

I always kinda though I was the Pygmy.  No idea why.

+10 sunlight straight sword isn't doing much for me without any extra points in STR or DEX and I refuse to make it divine.

Uh, why?  It makes perfect sense.
Roleplaying purposes. The whole thing about Solaire is he doesn't use magical equipment, instead relying on his faith and training to protect him.
Which is why I'm making the SS +15 and relying on Sunlight Blade to make it useful in combat.

Divine weapons arguably aren't magic.  They rely on your faith in [whatever] rather than anything specifically occult.  D&D seems to agree.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 26, 2012, 03:24:53 pm »

Quick question:

When will I be getting my first Greatsheild?
I know they can't parry, but I can't either, so,meh.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 26, 2012, 06:46:48 pm »

The first great shield you could get is the Eagle Shield found in Blight Town. Its also the lightest and has low strength requirement.

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 26, 2012, 07:59:50 pm »

I just got my first technical victory with my Solaire build. Some guy invaded just as I was headed up that giant staircase in Anor Londo.
I ran back to the base of the steps next to the giant multidirectional elevator thing. When I started to do the 'Praise the Sun!' gesture he ran at me and rolled right off the edge.

"If praising the sun is sure to result in victory then you must praise the sun! Knight Solaire said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about praising the sun than you do, pal, because he invented it! Then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in Jolly Co-Operation!"

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:14:19 pm by lionstar »

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 26, 2012, 08:21:03 pm »

I just got my first technical victory with my Solaire build. Some guy invaded just as I was headed up that giant staircase in Anor Londo.
I ran back to the base of the steps next to the giant multidirectional elevator thing. When I started to do the 'Praise the Sun!' gesture he ran at me and rolled right off the edge.

"If praising the sun is sure to result in victory then you must praise the sun! Knight Solaire said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about praising the sun than you do, pal, because he invented it! Then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in Jolly Co-Operation!"

Actually, one darkwraith walked up to me and dropped a red slab, which I found really puzzling. Apparently he was pretty grateful for my help in Anor Londo and just happened to invade me.

To bad I haven't been to New Londo yet, so that slab is pretty worthless right now.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 26, 2012, 11:11:14 pm »

What do I have to do to find people for co-op?  For some reason I stopped seeing wards and no one responds to mine.  Is there a sweet level for co-op/invasions?

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 27, 2012, 04:44:36 am »

Yes but it's per-area. This is nothing official. Just what most Sunbros seem to get the most success on.

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 27, 2012, 10:38:34 am »

Actually, one darkwraith walked up to me and dropped a red slab, which I found really puzzling. Apparently he was pretty grateful for my help in Anor Londo and just happened to invade me.

To bad I haven't been to New Londo yet, so that slab is pretty worthless right now.

Some guy invaded me when I was blazing through the Burg and dropped a set of Giant armor before using his separation crystal.
I don't know why he did, because it was pretty obvious that I was BB glitching with the Solaire armor before even beating the Taurus Demon.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:51:29 pm by lionstar »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 127