Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148346 times)

Gamzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #525 on: September 03, 2012, 11:22:48 pm »

Anyone have any tips on that blasted capra demon?

In the few attempts I've given him he usually just runs right at me and I get stunlocked/trapped in a corner within 5 seconds of passing by the light, nevermind getting anywhere near the staircase to kill the dogs.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 03, 2012, 11:30:51 pm »

Put your shield up and try to walk around the demon from the right. After his first hit inevitably lands, make a mad dash for the stairs. That's pretty much it. After you get rid of the dogs, you shouldn't get hit much anymore if you just remember to jump back when he goes for the unblockable overhead swing. If you do get hit, abuse the stairs to get some room to heal.

He has pretty slow attacks, so you should be able to land a lot of safe-ish hits.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:35:46 pm by LASD »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 04, 2012, 12:20:26 am »

I really love the respectful ones that invade you, but if you happen to be in the middle of a fight, they let you finish off anything you've aggroed and heal up, bow politely, wait for you to bow, and then you have a nice little duel... I've never survived one of those, but it really did feel nice anyway.
I've actually started doing this with a sword and some light armor, pretty fun and also that satisfying moment when your opponent dodges off a cliff.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 04, 2012, 04:51:40 am »

Hm, who here plays this with a keyboard and mouse and what exactly are the issues with the mouse controls? From what I've read the keyboard controls are remappable so not an issue to me.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 04, 2012, 05:34:27 am »

Hm, who here plays this with a keyboard and mouse and what exactly are the issues with the mouse controls? From what I've read the keyboard controls are remappable so not an issue to me.
The Windows mouse cursor is ever visible. It doesn't recenter itself, so playing windowed can be next to impossible. Moving the mouse faster or slower makes no difference, the game reads all movements as small increments. The lock-on target switching is over-sensitive, making the slightest mouse movement rapidly change targets.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 04, 2012, 08:29:16 am »

I really love the respectful ones that invade you, but if you happen to be in the middle of a fight, they let you finish off anything you've aggroed and heal up, bow politely, wait for you to bow, and then you have a nice little duel... I've never survived one of those, but it really did feel nice anyway.
I've actually started doing this with a sword and some light armor, pretty fun and also that satisfying moment when your opponent dodges off a cliff.

There was actually one guy in Anor Londo, I was trying to get past the asshole snipers. (Those of you who've been there know the ones.) He invaded me just before that point, did the respectful duel thing, then, killed me, but when I made my way back, he'd actually put his summon sign down and ended up helping me get past them... Didn't stick around much longer, but it was really cool of him to do that.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 04, 2012, 08:44:06 am »

I could make a drawing on how to get past the snipers when I get home or would you rather keep falling off to your death, that's fine as well.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 04, 2012, 08:50:40 am »

I have decent success getting past them. I do fall, but not the majority of the time as long as I'm playing a build that can carry a decent shield, and besides, I'd never turn down help. I almost always summon people if I see their sign and I'm not just grinding an area or something silly.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 04, 2012, 06:44:39 pm »

I did it!  I beat the Four Kings!  At SL11!

Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 04, 2012, 06:52:03 pm »

I don't know why everyone has such problems with the Anor Londo snipers. I've never been killed by them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 04, 2012, 06:57:04 pm »

On the subject of demons, how does one kill the Stray Demon? Is it worth it? 20,000 souls is less than 1 level-up for me, but I could use the titanite slab, and I don't know when I'll next have a chance to get one.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 04, 2012, 08:50:20 pm »

If your that far in the game, it shouldn't be that hard. I manage to kill it before ringing the second bell when i was around SL30 or so.

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 04, 2012, 10:55:08 pm »

he could easily be killed as soon as your able to because you can get him to repeat the fly up and sit on you move infinitely and easily avoid the damage and just smack him a couple times every time he does it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 05, 2012, 07:16:59 pm »

Been playing Undead Burg final boss.  Not really griefing, I have pretty much no health and my armor is built for coolness, not toughness.  I'm dual-wielding dark hands and going for a more thematic experience, I never run when the other guy can see me, just Michael Meyers walk after him, mostly kill with ripostes, and I only break out the 400-damage burny hand when the other guy's a twink.

It's pretty cool.  I don't really care if I die as long as I made things interesting, I don't try all that hard to win unless he's a griefer or he's generally being a fcuk.

EDIT:  It helps that the dark hand riposte animation with hornet ring (Probably the only really twinky thing I have on but I save my ripostes for where it wouldn't matter) is wicked gnar.  Devastating gut-punch, push him on the ground and slam the back of his head against the pavement.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:50:12 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 06, 2012, 07:20:36 pm »

Well I've been playing for a week maybe, and my first character is a level 58 pyromancer and just finished the poisonous wooden maze known as Blight Town. Currently trying get through Valley of the Drakes.

In the beginning I spent about an hour farming the 6 guys on the cliff by Firelink to get the strength I needed to use the Zweihander I found in the graveyard. Then I ended up using the Claymore instead. Oh well, I plan on using the Dragon King Greataxe at some point anyway. Heavy weapons and armor work well for me.

I made a second character and tried to be a fast moving DEX based fighter with the Balder Side Sword, but I'm dying a lot more. I hate feeling so damn VULNERABLE. Rolling around quickly doesn't really matter when half of the fights in the game are in narrow hallways or walkways with 1000 foot drops on either side.

Or there are so many enemies that when you try to roll away from an attack you end up running into another one.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:23:11 pm by lionstar »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 127