Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148343 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #510 on: September 03, 2012, 03:33:55 pm »

That's about enough of that arguement. It heads nowhere and those who are upset at the shoddy porting will continue to be upset so there's really no need at all to go around insulting eachother over it. I posted two guides to fix the issues anyways, so drop it and don't turn this into every DS topic on the internet consisting of PC gamers trying to argue to others [who are simply happy the game came out for PC] that they wish their computer was utilized correctly. It's silly.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 03, 2012, 04:01:02 pm »

I agree, instead I will ask a relevant question:

I got cursed by the creepy toad-like things down below somewhere. I got out to Firelink, but is there any other way of getting rid of the curse than gathering 6000 souls and buying the curse removal thing from that one merchant closeby that sells them? What about the guy in the Bell Tower, is he still there?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 03, 2012, 04:09:26 pm »

Bell tower guy is still there.

If you're up for a challenge, though...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It may be easier to just farm up 6000 souls, which is barely any, in Undead Burg or parish, and buy a purging stone.

EDIT:  Important clarifier.  The shortcut skips what you already went through, it's only useful for a subsequent run which may be necessary if you sprinted through to get the ladder (Because you're gonna get killed by ghosts)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:23:09 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 03, 2012, 04:55:33 pm »

I find it easier just to have a decent weapon and transient curses and fight my way through. Have a weapon with a wide enough swing arc, (halberd, or one of the longer swords like a zweihander) and you can take out a good number of ghosts all at once. Still, I've never used him to get rid of my curses... it's always easier just to buy a stone from Oswald or the female merchant. 6000 souls really is almost nothing in the long run. On my newgame ++ character, that's like.... 3 kills in anor londo.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 03, 2012, 05:12:09 pm »

The guy in the Bell Tower sells Purging Stones for 3k, at least for me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 03, 2012, 05:14:42 pm »

One merchant sells the for more and the other less... I wasn't entirely sure about the prices... it's been a hell of a long time since I needed one... Curse is pretty easy to avoid if you know where it comes from and how to stay away from it.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 03, 2012, 05:37:23 pm »

Anyone make it to new game++ I'm stuck past
and there now way I could kill
if it this hard now ++ and beyond will be insane.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 03, 2012, 07:48:54 pm »

God dammit, I hate these stupid fucking kings.   If the way to them weren't such bullshit I might be able to handle this but running through New Londo and then fighting the four kings is just not fucking worth it.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 03, 2012, 07:50:05 pm »

Have you been getting the AI summon?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 03, 2012, 07:56:07 pm »

No, I heard she wasn't worth it, and getting back there is tough with all the ghosts.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 03, 2012, 07:58:26 pm »

She's a distraction at the least. It sounds like you could use a distraction in this instance.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 03, 2012, 08:06:04 pm »

Doesn't matter, there's like three ghosts and a darkwraith on me as soon as I get to her so I die.

EDIT:  Nevermind, I'm done with that character.  It was one thing when I was gravelording, because I wasn't so twinked out people didn't have a chance.  With all the shit I'm doing to get myself ready to fight the four kings, I'm going to just be griefing people.

I'll just play a proper character, maybe a knight or something.  Sunbro it, maybe join the Darkmoon blades eventually.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:23:49 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 03, 2012, 09:36:51 pm »

is there some trick to the tauros demon, or do i just suck at this game?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 03, 2012, 09:44:10 pm »

is there some trick to the tauros demon, or do i just suck at this game?
There are a few strategies.

No Gods, No Masters.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 03, 2012, 10:37:35 pm »

what MSH said... but don't feel bad... everyone sucks at this game at first...
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 127