Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148338 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #495 on: September 02, 2012, 10:17:59 pm »

If you summoned her for the butterfly she should be there.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 02, 2012, 10:47:29 pm »

Okay, good.  Just unlocked her, gonna get my scythe (Or a different weapon maybe) up to +5 lightning (I won't be using it to low level PVP, I'm not a dick) and my hand ascended (Again, not gonna be a dick in PVP), and maybe I'll actually be able to dickwraith.
Shoes...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 02, 2012, 10:54:52 pm »

If you can, switch to chaos or fire as soon as you can. Lightning is soooo overused and boring. Since you have an ascended pyro glove, you should have the weapons to match.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 02, 2012, 10:59:57 pm »

That's a good point, and I have a shitload of green shards.  Maybe I'll do fire instead. 

EDIT:  Although, I'm just using it to kill the dudebros and maybe for other twinks...

Also, dammit, I'm leapfrogging.  I'll stop posting for a while, maybe come back when the dudebros are dead.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:02:15 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 02, 2012, 11:05:40 pm »

Is this possible to play without a controller with or without modding?  I hate controllers.  That is why I play on a PC.  Also, is it possible to play this in a decent PC resolution?  This is also why I play on a PC. 

What the hell is wrong with From software?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 02, 2012, 11:18:18 pm »

Nothing is wrong with them. It's just that this game is made for consoles.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 02, 2012, 11:24:26 pm »

Quit whining. From Software has never done a PC port of a game before, and they only did one for Dark Souls because so many people wanted one. If you were expecting a perfect port from people who haven't even worked with PC games before you were expecting too much.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 02, 2012, 11:36:45 pm »

Oh hush, MSH. He's allowed to be upset like I was, but don't worry; it's a simple fix.

I dunno what issues you are having with your gamepad, mine works great without any tweaking. But, if you are having issues getting it to trigger right, or if buttons are wonky follow this guide [I know it says Darksiders, but it's the exact same steps I've used to get I Am Alive and Darksiders 2 working right] and you should be good to go.

I got demotivated after starting again and dying then diving off a ledge on accident on the way to get my body. I had about 17 humanity after two hours. Sigh.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 03, 2012, 12:18:40 am »

I've done that a few times.  I just died to the infested barbarians at the very edge of Bullshitland and got sent all the way back to hell.  That's a long way to walk and there's 20k souls riding on it.
Shoes...

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 03, 2012, 01:17:34 am »

I started a new character, the first time I've played in months. I breezed all the way through to the undead church, when I then helped people with the gargoyles. Everything was fine for about a half an hour,  then every time I was summoned I got instantly killed by some backflipping asshole with a lighting/fire claymore.

Shit like that is why I quit playing in the first place.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:22:55 am by Kilroy the Grand »
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 03, 2012, 12:15:56 pm »

Quit whining. From Software has never done a PC port of a game before, and they only did one for Dark Souls because so many people wanted one. If you were expecting a perfect port from people who haven't even worked with PC games before you were expecting too much.

Perhaps the stupidest thing ever said on the internet.
If I buy a car from a company that produced its first car, I still expect it to be competently engineered.  Its hardly whining to express disappointment in an incompetent release.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 03, 2012, 12:24:47 pm »

If I buy a car from a company that produced its first car, I still expect it to be competently engineered.  Its hardly whining to express disappointment in an incompetent release.
This is far more akin to repeatedly petitioning a train making company to produce a car and then complaining when it doesn't have fuel injection and armored tires.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 03, 2012, 12:34:35 pm »

It's more akin to being a bit of an arse IMO.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 03, 2012, 02:49:22 pm »

Well, this car is completely engineered, it runs perfectly fine and looks great. If I didn't even know this was their first car, I would be totally happy with the purchase. It is expected to be driven with a controller, but they allow you to use your mouse and keyboard to do it, even though the car was never even designed with that steering mechanism in mind.

Also, they said they will try to remodel the cars if they sell enough, which has probably already happened or at least will.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 03, 2012, 03:28:48 pm »

This is far more akin to repeatedly petitioning a train making company to produce a car and then complaining when it doesn't have fuel injection and armored tires.
More like getting a car that runs on rails. Or only runs forward/back.

I don't really get what would be so hard about making competent mouse camera controls, cause from my point of view that's the only thing really lacking, and it seems like a pretty banal thing. Like you look at any PC game ever (that wasn't an awful port) and you see that you should a) hide the mouse cursor unless in a mouse-compatible menu, b) recenter the mouse cursor every interval unless in a mouse-compatible menu, c) move the camera proportionately to how far the mouse cursor has been moved since the last interval, and d) if you have lock-on targetting, don't make it switch targets at the slightest twitch, put in some minimal mouse movement requirement.

Though I will say, this is still better than Metal Gear Solid 2 or Resident Evil 4. At least the mouse fucking does something!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 127