Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148188 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #285 on: April 12, 2012, 05:47:43 pm »

GFWL encrypts and decrypts your save games for no good reason, and I've heard horror stories of save games becoming corrupt in the process.

Yeah, I actually signed the petition for not having GFWL on Dark Souls (futile and a bit silly it may be). Mostly for that abomination corrupting my Batman AA savegame, locking me out of Fallout 3 saves, making me unable to update Red Faction Guerrilla and not having any kind of Cloud Support even though you have to be signed in to access your saves.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 12, 2012, 06:24:59 pm »

I don't think PC gamers are elitist pricks, i am one after all.

I can't speak for others, but I totally am an elitist prick.
Which is just what people who have no standards say about those who do anyway.
So there.

Eh, just covering my back for anyone who can't take a little light hearted ribbing ;)
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 12, 2012, 08:25:59 pm »

Yeah, I actually signed the petition for not having GFWL on Dark Souls (futile and a bit silly it may be). Mostly for that abomination corrupting my Batman AA savegame, locking me out of Fallout 3 saves, making me unable to update Red Faction Guerrilla and not having any kind of Cloud Support even though you have to be signed in to access your saves.

I wouldn't be so sure about the futility of that. Dark Souls coming to the PC is entirely due to gamers going "oi, we want this". They listened once, maybe they'll listen again?
Signed.

http://manga.clone-army.org/t42r.php?page=305&lang=
Perhaps in another life...
I'll never forget you knight chan desu desu

I assume those will make sense when I have played the game?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 13, 2012, 02:40:18 am »

Sing'd and hey, if it has GFWL all over it, I can just pirate it, arr... /giving them a reason to use GFWL in the first place.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 13, 2012, 02:43:17 am »

Sing'd and hey, if it has GFWL all over it, I can just pirate it, arr... /giving them a reason to use GFWL in the first place.

You'd miss out on a significant portion of what makes the game special if you did.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 13, 2012, 10:43:07 am »

I prefer gameplay hardness (challenging boss for example) over coding hardness (no safe possiblity for 2-hour stretches, glitches that insta kill you in empty hallways, gfwl)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 13, 2012, 10:50:04 am »

I prefer gameplay hardness (challenging boss for example) over coding hardness (no safe possiblity for 2-hour stretches, glitches that insta kill you in empty hallways, gfwl)

That's not what he's talking about.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 13, 2012, 04:57:38 pm »

About the whole GFWL/Dark Souls port thing:

I feel like pointing this guy out because he actually makes a point for just bearing through Windows alive and buying it anyway. He also says that the reason they decided for GFWL. Its because they are coming from Xbox 360, and its likely they don't have a big enough budget or enough time to just write a new Netcode.

I think I'm willing to buy the Dark Souls Port, because:
1. I want to have the online, but I'm not willing to pay for Xbox Live Gold
and 2. It may mean that the Next game in the series will go with Steamworks instead.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 13, 2012, 06:56:52 pm »

I'm not sure how that logic works. "Let's reward them with money for doing something we don't want, because next time maybe they'll do it differently." I know it's quite more complicated than that, but just that one statement (Johnfalcon's no. 2) doesn't make sense to me.

Looking at the new boss that I didn't realize was going to be PC exclusive, I MIGHT get it, but really, it's not a must buy for me and I've had terrible experiences with GFWL in the past. Worse than anything else I've ever used for DRM or online play. That's even counting the one time i tried to play Warcraft 2 over a direct dial modem, tried for 3 hours to get it to work and still didn't even end up playing that night. Because even then, I could still play single player with no problems.

I feel sorry they're doing a port and it doesn't appeal to me, but if they'd done it earlier, when the other versions came out, it might have had more appeal to me.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 13, 2012, 07:44:41 pm »

Eh, cut them some slack. The fact that it's even coming out on PC at all is astonishing.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 13, 2012, 07:53:16 pm »

I'm not sure how that logic works. "Let's reward them with money for doing something we don't want, because next time maybe they'll do it differently."
Its not rewarding if the main reason they went with GFWL is because they didn't have the time or money. If your actually watched the video I linked, the guy explains that you should support it so we get the next game on PC.

Besides, most games released on GFWL normally go to Steamworks in the next installment. Like Fallout 3 to New Vegas, or Dawn of War 2 to Dawn of War 2: Retribution. Mostly because they realize that GFWL is activately hurting their sales because of Regional Lockouts and such. And thats not counting the fact that GFWL is just a bad service that many people refuse to use.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 13, 2012, 08:21:49 pm »

That's not to say Steam doesn't have lockouts. I can't buy Skyrim on Steam, for instance. It's just not even listed.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 13, 2012, 08:58:30 pm »

What? Steam doesn't have regional lockouts. I don't know what your talking about.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 127