Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148128 times)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2011, 02:50:24 pm »

I also went back to the Asylum and got a Doll, anyone here know what it's for?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2011, 02:53:30 pm »

I also went back to the Asylum and got a Doll, anyone here know what it's for?

Oh! Thanks, Now I just need to not suck long enough to get there.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 22, 2011, 08:02:37 am »

What is the point of darksign?  I've never used it before, but if you wanted to go back to your bonfire and lose your stuff, why not just die?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 22, 2011, 08:10:15 am »

What is the point of darksign?  I've never used it before, but if you wanted to go back to your bonfire and lose your stuff, why not just die?
Dark Souls will always restart you at the exact location you quit at. It is not impossible to get stuck in a glitched wedge somewhere, that cannot be escaped from. Hence, the Darksign prevents you from having to deal with a showstopper glitch.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 22, 2011, 08:29:46 am »

Dark Souls will always restart you at the exact location you quit at. It is not impossible to get stuck in a glitched wedge somewhere, that cannot be escaped from. Hence, the Darksign prevents you from having to deal with a showstopper glitch.

Ahhh, good point.  That's actually almost happened to me when I was hopping around the Firelink Shrine near the elevator.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 23, 2011, 01:06:11 pm »

I've never used the darksign... does it have animation requirements? 

Considering that the Homeward Bone does the same, but you keep everything.  It has an animation though.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 23, 2011, 02:14:00 pm »

There is indeed an animation, but I've seen people use the Homeward Bone while falling to their deaths, so the animation may not be necessary. Also, the Darksign is unlimited, where as the Homeward Bones are not.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 23, 2011, 03:36:40 pm »

I get the feeling my level 22 darkwraith in the depths with full smoughs and assorted +5 elemental weapons, and my level 5 Gravelord in the burg with the same may be causing some players to never play this game again.

Well, good thing I have a sunbro to balance it out. Hehe

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 23, 2011, 04:04:36 pm »

Rant:

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 23, 2011, 04:56:52 pm »

The horrific fps lag in Blighttown is making me unreasonably angry at this game. 99% of my deaths in this godforsaken hellhole have been due to the framerate dropping through the floor as I'm about to dodge a poop troll.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 23, 2011, 05:02:07 pm »

Just take it slow whenever a lag spike happens, the game will even it out once the level loading stops. This is the price of not having loading screens between every area.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 23, 2011, 05:08:18 pm »

The only time I've ever experienced lag was when I was invaded and had two phantoms in Blighttown.

Nowhere else.

I do know the 360 version has worse problems with the framerate issue though.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 23, 2011, 05:58:35 pm »

Finished! 

Now on to batman.  A gamers struggle is never over.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 23, 2011, 06:37:36 pm »

Finished!
You think you are, but you're not.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 23, 2011, 06:45:52 pm »

Just take it slow whenever a lag spike happens, the game will even it out once the level loading stops. This is the price of not having loading screens between every area.

It's not a case of waiting for the level to load, it's a case of "if I look in this direction, my fps goes to single figures every time".

Also, I'm playing it on 360, so what Lumbajack said may be right.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 127