Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148083 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2011, 04:59:44 pm »

Spoiler: Praise the Sun! (click to show/hide)

Welp, I think that'll be my desktop background for a while.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2011, 12:05:26 am »

This game punches you in the nards so hard your Dad feels it.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2011, 12:38:35 am »

I can't believe how big this game is.  It just keeps going!  Every time I think I'm getting close to completing something two or three huge new areas appear out of nowhere!

I could almost believe that the game will keep going forever, and it is dynamically building itself as I play.  It will never actually end!?!

I blame that thinking on too much gameplay causing my frontal lobe to numb.   :o

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2011, 01:28:29 am »

I can't believe how big this game is.  It just keeps going!  Every time I think I'm getting close to completing something two or three huge new areas appear out of nowhere!
I still remember when I first found out there was a secret wall behind that plank shield, which beheld a chest with humanity in it.

And then behind that was a secret wall leading to a whole new bloody area of the game.

Also, if you're somewhere around level 20 and roaming the depths and a random dark spirit comes and wrecks your shit, I apologize in advance.

I'm not apologizing for my level 5 Gravelord in the undead burg though. Death Eyes take FOREVER to farm, man!

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2011, 08:34:44 am »

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2011, 10:02:24 am »

Be in human form.

Summon Lautrec and Solaire.

Sit back while they win the fight for you.

How do I gain humanity at this point?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2011, 10:13:34 am »

Be in human form.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2011, 11:12:24 am »

Be in human form.

Use your white soapstone to get summoned into someone else's game, you'll get humanity if they beat the boss.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2011, 11:29:36 am »

Be in human form.

Use your white soapstone to get summoned into someone else's game, you'll get humanity if they beat the boss.
Obviously, you are there to help them beat said boss.

EDIT: Also, if you do manage to beat the boss, you replenish your flask, hp and spells.  So if you find yourself in a bind and don't want to use the bonfire.  Mind you, when you die in your host's world, everything resets as if you used the bonfire.  Plus, you start back at the bonfire you last used.

And... the Gaping Dragon thing, 12,500 souls each kill.  I'm camping there right now and helping people.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:18:59 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2011, 01:42:40 pm »

I'd love to, but my Live account has been locked due to it being hacked 3 times in a week, and it could be anywhere up to 2 weeks before it gets unlocked, so I can't go online :(
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2011, 02:12:09 pm »

For the record, you also get a Humanity if someone positively rates a comment you left with the Orange Soapstone.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2011, 04:13:19 pm »

For the record, you also get a Humanity if someone positively rates a comment you left with the Orange Soapstone.

Can't do that either :P

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2011, 05:10:09 pm »

Where you are right now you'd pretty much just have to keep killing random mooks and hope you get humanity off one of em.

Or make a trip to the depths, loads of humanity there.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2011, 05:35:51 pm »

Where you are right now you'd pretty much just have to keep killing random mooks and hope you get humanity off one of em.

Or make a trip to the depths, loads of humanity there.
Yes, the depths, lots of rats, plus, it don't hurt fireballing the slimes to see if they'd drop items for you.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2011, 01:39:50 am »

Spoiler: Ariamis (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 127