Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148071 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2011, 02:09:32 pm »

How in the ruddy fuck do I beat the black knight in the undead burg? I must just be crap at this, as everyone else seems to be managing it. I'm a pyromancer with a spear and wooden shield. No matter what I hit him with, it only ever takes off like 10hp whether he's blocking or not. I am unreasonably angry at this game :P
You don't have to face him yet...

If you are pyro, find openings to use the firespell.  No, it doesn't stun him, but it'll kill him fast if you can manage staying alive.  Try luring him out to where you fight the 3 hollows, so you'd have room to dodge and stuff.  About 6 or 7 should hit, then the rest can be done with a few well timed attacks.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2011, 02:13:03 pm »

How in the ruddy fuck do I beat the black knight in the undead burg? I must just be crap at this, as everyone else seems to be managing it. I'm a pyromancer with a spear and wooden shield. No matter what I hit him with, it only ever takes off like 10hp whether he's blocking or not. I am unreasonably angry at this game :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 02:27:28 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2011, 03:53:27 pm »

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2011, 04:08:14 pm »

You don't have to face him yet...

Really? Man, where am I supposed to go instead?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2011, 04:12:24 pm »

Backstabs are your friend. Your angry, critical damage inflicting friend.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2011, 04:14:17 pm »

Backstabs are your friend. Your angry, critical damage inflicting friend.

Yep, some enemies are REALLY easy if you know how to pull them off.

Also enjoy the game now... it gets REALLY mean later on.

I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY MEAN!

I mean... It actively attempts to destroy your eyes and ears... IN REAL LIFE!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:36:52 pm by Neonivek »

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2011, 05:26:28 pm »

Update: DERRRPPP I completely missed the stairway up on to the wall every single time. Went up this time, and killed the bull demon thing on my second try. Shortbows are my friend. The sudden dragon-breath rape is not, however. :P

I actually quite enjoy losing on this game. It makes me frustrated, sure, but then I play Dwarf Fortress, the game you cannot win. Losing isn't a problem for me, you learn from your mistake. :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2011, 07:38:38 pm »

Death isn't really a big issue in Dark Souls or even Demon Souls, as long as you spend your souls before you accrue a huge amount of them. And even then it's usually a loss you can live with. Dark souls improved the penalty with the way Humanity points work, but it's still not a horrible loss.

On that note, does anyone know what the benefit to being human vs hollow is, and/or if there is some extended penalty to dying as a human? (Not the humanity points, the actual using of points to become human)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2011, 07:57:16 pm »

I just saved some guy... I think he is going to do something crazy later on...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2011, 09:48:46 pm »

Death isn't really a big issue in Dark Souls or even Demon Souls, as long as you spend your souls before you accrue a huge amount of them. And even then it's usually a loss you can live with. Dark souls improved the penalty with the way Humanity points work, but it's still not a horrible loss.

On that note, does anyone know what the benefit to being human vs hollow is, and/or if there is some extended penalty to dying as a human? (Not the humanity points, the actual using of points to become human)

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2011, 10:09:22 pm »

Here is the largest difference

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2011, 01:51:53 pm »

Spoiler: Humanity (click to show/hide)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2011, 02:07:39 pm »

Spoiler: Humanity (click to show/hide)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2011, 12:24:31 pm »

I'm in Blighttown.

My quality of life dropped a few points.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2011, 02:21:19 pm »

I'm in Blighttown.

My quality of life dropped a few points.
It's going to get worse. Much, much worse.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 127