Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148028 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2011, 11:57:00 pm »

There is a trick to him.  :)
hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2011, 12:22:45 am »

So my roommate bought it, but I have not used PSN after the point it got hacked, whadda I do?
Thank you based dwarf.

Chaos341

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2011, 12:27:43 am »

Taurus Demon. Hate. Hate.

Hate. Darksign.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:18:24 am by Chaos341 »

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2011, 03:09:29 am »

I feel like I just had that fight spoiled, but I was having trouble with it anyway so no big. I feel dumb not having thought of the plunge attack, despite having used it once before it feels like such a silly new mechanic that I don't expect to use it often. Good to know about the armor thing though, it was borderline useless in Demon Souls.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2011, 04:00:35 am »

If you're nocturnal like me then be warned that the PS3 version will be filled with low level characters armed to the teeth with all kinds of horrible things that will kill you faster than the regular enemies ever will.

Silly japanese.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2011, 09:17:54 am »

Taurus Demon. Hate. Hate.

Hate. Darksign.

Use spoilers man.  I'd be irritated if I didn't already kill him.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2011, 07:00:01 pm »

While starting class only matters for the very start of the game and if you wanna be a minmaxing powergamer, I have come to the conclusion that best start goes to the Bandit for that bloody axe and spider shield.

Spider Shield is almost a necessity for one area in the game, and the axe is probably the strongest starting weapon along with having decent animations (For PvE anyways, good luck against invisible japanese 8 foot lightning katanas)

This is of course not counting magic, and the fact that Depraved is still the manliest.

I'd guess overall easiest start goes to Cleric though simply for the Heal spell.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2011, 07:30:23 am »

Worst mistake ever? Why, why did I take binoculars as a starting item, what is WRONG with me?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2011, 08:28:00 am »

My brother likes the game

But he considers it cheaper, as in full of cheap deaths, then Demon souls for some reason.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2011, 10:40:39 am »

My brother likes the game

But he considers it cheaper, as in full of cheap deaths, then Demon souls for some reason.

Strangely so far I've found it a bit easier than Demon souls, but I'm probably not that far in yet.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2011, 02:22:00 pm »

There are some cheap deaths in the game, but every one I've seen has been rather incredibly obvious if you stop and think about what you're doing. Other than that, monsters on the whole are much more lethal than in Demon's Souls in my opinion. Even more so considering the way the world is nothing but interconnecting webs allowing you to jump from one area to a completely new (and inevitably way harder) area. I'm enjoying that a lot though, the variety of locales and unique enemies is extremely satisfying to me.

Has anyone been to the sewers yet? I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon, that kind of environment freaks me the hell out.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2011, 08:47:48 pm »

Worst mistake ever? Why, why did I take binoculars as a starting item, what is WRONG with me?
Not much worse a decision than I made, I took the Tiny Being's Ring, which does not do what it advertizes. It claims to cause minor health regeneration. It actually gives you a very small health bar increase when worn. I still haven't found something to replace it with.
Strangely so far I've found it a bit easier than Demon souls, but I'm probably not that far in yet.
You aren't, trust me. There are around 15-20 secret achievements, which appear to be the storyline ones. After playing for 30 hours, I have two of them unlocked. Usually I've finished a game by this point. Worth way more than 60$ already, would buy again even though I'm nowhere near finished.
Has anyone been to the sewers yet? I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon, that kind of environment freaks me the hell out.
It's certainly one of the more disturbing environments, but I think you will find that you don't have much choice about going back there if you are where I think you are. That's a good thing though, the boss of the area and the area after it are both very interesting.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2011, 12:26:11 am »

Dang this game is fun.  I forgot that I was human and had someone invade while I was deep  (and completely lost) in the sewers.  I stabbed him a bunch of times with my stabby sword, took a few big hits and then rolled back and quickly drank a potion.  Then I ran at him stabbed him a few more times, rolled behind him and got a backstab, finishing him off.  Gained 6000 souls and managed to make it back to my campfire.

That was my first PVP experience in this game.  :)  Ridiculously fun.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2011, 01:28:25 am »

Dang this game is fun.  I forgot that I was human and had someone invade while I was deep  (and completely lost) in the sewers.  I stabbed him a bunch of times with my stabby sword, took a few big hits and then rolled back and quickly drank a potion.  Then I ran at him stabbed him a few more times, rolled behind him and got a backstab, finishing him off.  Gained 6000 souls and managed to make it back to my campfire.

That was my first PVP experience in this game.  :)  Ridiculously fun.
If the guy's name was Knight Kirk or some such then

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2011, 04:13:06 am »

Jesus Christ I loved Demons Souls... Would really like to get this :D
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 127