Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 147974 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 06:49:16 pm »

I can't wait for this.   :) 

Demon Souls, Batman Arkham Asylum and the Sly cooper collection have been the only things making my PS3 purchase worthwhile.  Dark Souls might be the 4th one.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 07:07:22 pm »

Just restating this: Dark Souls is not a PS3 exclusive, its also comming out for the Xbox360.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2011, 07:40:45 pm »

Demon Souls, Batman Arkham Asylum and the Sly cooper collection have been the only things making my PS3 purchase worthwhile.  Dark Souls might be the 4th one.

I take it you've yet to buy MGS4 then?

Anyway, this is an instant purchase for me.  Wonder what they'll do with the multiplayer aspects this time round :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 07:45:51 pm »

I take it you've yet to buy MGS4 then?

Anyway, this is an instant purchase for me.  Wonder what they'll do with the multiplayer aspects this time round :)

I'm not much of a Metal Gear fan.  The stories don't make much sense to me, and the camera always seems to hate me in those kinds of games.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2011, 05:47:58 pm »

With Dark Souls so close to release I'd like to bump this thread with
Being a Gravelord's servant allows you to invoke the gravelord ability, which consists of you placing a soul sign of your own on the ground. This soul sign will appear in 3 other player's worlds, wherever you sat the sign down. It is in the best interest for players to hide the soul sign to avoid what I'm about to mention. While the gravelord is invoked, black phantom monsters (upgraded versions of already difficult creatures) will be summoned in 3 other worlds.

The reason for invoking the gravelord isn't to gain humanity. Invasions are. When using the gravelord, if a player dies while under the effect of it, his blood stain will be robbed of half of his souls, all of which are given to the gravelord. If a player finds the soul sign of the gravelord, he can invade the gravelords world and kill him, thus freeing all 3 worlds of the curse. To be frank, all 3 players can invade at the same time, which makes the gravelord very risky, abeit extremely fun.

Being a member of the gravelord also grants access to "Illness inflicting" weapons and spells. The skull lantern, in particular, can breathe a miasma that inflicts both plague and poison.

Ultimate douchébag covenant is best covenant.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2011, 05:58:12 pm »

Watched some live streams of this being played.  Why do I find the horrible things this game does to people so hilarious, and yet know I will probably play it and suffer far worse?
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »

Been released on japan already it seems, there are some japanese videos on youtube of it.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2011, 10:21:02 pm »

I feel like once this game is released, I'll never need video games again.

Confirmed 100+ hours of gameplay with near infinite replayability.

It's like if Dwarf Fortress were an action RPG

And given half of the monsters you encounter, you may as well say it is an action RPG version of Dwarf Fortress, except you're really tall and a zombie.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2011, 01:15:30 pm »

Only a few more days, then we get to see if it holds up to it's predecessor.

And call me an elitist prick if you want, but I'm not sure if broadening their advertising to a wider audience was a good idea. If I see one more comment on a Dark Souls video saying how it's a Skyrim rippoff, or that the graphics aren't good enough, I'm going to go rabid Black Phantom on everyone for a month.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2011, 01:24:23 pm »

I hope its not all sold out or preordered out where I am.  I got a guy that'll be hunting stores for 2 copies on release day, hopefully that'll be enough.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2011, 02:04:46 pm »

I am pretty stoked for this, to the point where I'm having difficulty enjoying other games in anticipation. I played Demon's Souls way after the initial release so I didn't really get any black phantom action, I imagine it'll be pretty hectic. Also I've heard that it's easier to co-op with specific people, does anyone know a bit more detail on that or can confirm that it's actually true?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2011, 02:29:49 pm »

With Dark Souls so close to release I'd like to bump this thread with
Being a Gravelord's servant allows you to invoke the gravelord ability, which consists of you placing a soul sign of your own on the ground. This soul sign will appear in 3 other player's worlds, wherever you sat the sign down. It is in the best interest for players to hide the soul sign to avoid what I'm about to mention. While the gravelord is invoked, black phantom monsters (upgraded versions of already difficult creatures) will be summoned in 3 other worlds.

The reason for invoking the gravelord isn't to gain humanity. Invasions are. When using the gravelord, if a player dies while under the effect of it, his blood stain will be robbed of half of his souls, all of which are given to the gravelord. If a player finds the soul sign of the gravelord, he can invade the gravelords world and kill him, thus freeing all 3 worlds of the curse. To be frank, all 3 players can invade at the same time, which makes the gravelord very risky, abeit extremely fun.

Being a member of the gravelord also grants access to "Illness inflicting" weapons and spells. The skull lantern, in particular, can breathe a miasma that inflicts both plague and poison.

Ultimate douchébag covenant is best covenant.
Win. Hide it in some remote place that's hard to get to, and is hard to find as well, and you got a grief machine. Win.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2011, 02:33:17 pm »

Win. Hide it in some remote place that's hard to get to, and is hard to find as well, and you got a Developer-sponsored grief machine. Win.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2011, 02:57:05 pm »

Yeah the devs really upped the difficulty for this game, and they want all the players at each other's throats.

Which is why there's actually a reason to invade now beyond just killin people.

Edit: It's already looking like 360 version will have way, way less players than PS3 version.

Also PS3 version is region-free and 360 is not.

Also I guess it runs better on PS3 maybe but it's still pretty good on 360.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:59:20 pm by Lumbajak »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2011, 02:58:21 pm »

Win. Hide it in some remote place that's hard to get to, and is hard to find as well, and you got a Developer-sponsored grief machine. Win.
That's the best part  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 127