Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 147966 times)

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 01:44:21 pm »

Insta-buy imo
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 01:45:43 pm »

If it's pretty much Demon's Souls in all but name, I wonder if
I am Yort the Quiet Chef. Are you here to fight the darkness?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 01:50:57 pm »

Since demon's souls was largely an experiment that went really, really well, they're now basicaly making a bigger, better and more polished version of it. The armors look much more elaborate then they did in demon's souls.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 01:55:42 pm »

Any word on magic for the new one, going to be the same type of build your own class system?

And shit, if its going to be harder than Demon's Souls I don't know what I am going to do. I had to metagame some of DS's bosses because they were just too hard, thank god for the theif ring and poison cloud.
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 01:58:54 pm »

^They confirmed that during the interview, basically it'll have everything demon souls had + lots moar stuff.

Better be hard, I think my weird love-hate thing with demon's souls is what made me play it for hours on end. I have to admit tho, stupid ass flamelurker was hard.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 02:00:15 pm »

There's no more picking your starting class at the start, everyone starts off the same and then you can branch out however you want.

Also more magic, including a spell that turns you into a vase.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 02:01:14 pm »

And shit, if its going to be harder than Demon's Souls I don't know what I am going to do. I had to metagame some of DS's bosses because they were just too hard, thank god for the theif ring and poison cloud.
The only boss I really have trouble with(and still do) is the dual Manticores.

Favorite fight is actually the agile melee gear vs the Flamelurker.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 02:03:17 pm »

stupid ass flamelurker was hard.

Hard? HARD? THE DUDE WAS A NIGHTMARE!!!! Didn't help that I did him during a "world is dark" week...

Still, imo a demon's souls without the heavy difficulty wouldn't have been fun.
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 02:25:41 pm »

Usually the only trouble I have in the game is Black Phantom players.

Unless I'm wearing heavy armour and can't roll, then every boss is hard.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 03:01:57 pm »

Flamelurker is really damn hard, and I did not use heavy armor with him on either play through..the only way I could beat him, was to get him trapped up around the skeleton near the entrance and zap him with soul arrow or shoot his ass with a bow..I would have stopped playing if I had not read about this trick online

The false king was also really hard, and I cheated using the stealth/poison trick, again I would have stopped playing without it
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 03:18:12 pm »

Personally, I don't understand how Flamelurker is so hard.  His attacks are mostly predictable and avoidable... and he is unlikely to combo ya to death...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 07:08:23 pm »

Personally, I don't understand how Flamelurker is so hard.  His attacks are mostly predictable and avoidable... and he is unlikely to combo ya to death...

Try on a second or third playthrough,  after half his health is down he'll churn out explosions and attacks one after the other.

I beat the flamelurker on first playthrough by dodging alot with light armor and attacking fast with a improved uchigatana, it was a long and fun fight. On the second playthrough I cursed my meat cleaver and hacked at him till he died. A heavy weapon like the meat cleaver causes him to stagger quite a bit, but you still need to be able to roll away.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 07:31:46 pm »

Try on a second or third playthrough,  after half his health is down he'll churn out explosions and attacks one after the other.

I beat the flamelurker on first playthrough by dodging alot with light armor and attacking fast with a improved uchigatana, it was a long and fun fight. On the second playthrough I cursed my meat cleaver and hacked at him till he died. A heavy weapon like the meat cleaver causes him to stagger quite a bit, but you still need to be able to roll away.
Hmm... you have a point there...  I didn't get far in NG+ cause I was waiting for a friend to catch up...  which he did... eventually and we stopped cause of a new game or something. 
Granted, I did get a lot of time to screw around with various weapons by the time he got there...

Dang, have to get that NG+ done before they close the online servers....  by jah... my backlog....

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 08:07:05 pm »

This makes me so happy you don't even know. Or maybe you do, depending on if you loved Demon's Souls as much as me.
I am definitely buying this.

And personally, I found Maneater('s) the hardest boss fight.
But yeah, Flamelurker can go jump in a lake.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 127