Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148436 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #690 on: September 29, 2012, 06:44:31 am »

So i've been playing a bit this morning and have some updates on a new character im trying.

I decided to try a "No shield, crush with Zweihander" type character, I didn't die until the second floor of the church in the Undead Parish. I didn't kill Solaire this time, and me and him just totally owned the Bell Gargoyles. At this point, I want to get my Zweihander past +5 so i'm trying to kill the Moonlight Butterfly. I'm out of humanity at this point so I can't revive or kindle, so I decide to head into the Darkroot Basin to look for some phat lewts. I kill something that dropped 2 twinkling titanite and two titanite chunks, good for me. I find a longbow, and i'm all thinking that this will be the weapon that kills that stupid insect. I walk into the boss fight all ready to perpetrate some ownage. 24 bloody damage. Thats what the bow did. At this point i'm quite sad, as I attempted to kill it again, this time with fire bombs. That actually worked, until it launched sparkles at me, resulting an insta-death. At this point, I lack the happiness to go back to Murphy, as I like to call the merchant in Undead Burg, and get more bombs. And i'm humanity starved, and I really don't want to kill any NPCs this time around.

Oh yeah, does two-handing things cut the strength requirement in half, or does it make it 2/3?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 29, 2012, 06:58:55 am »

Darkroot Basin is something like sl 30 or 40.

You can probably still do the moonlight butterfly if you
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 29, 2012, 08:39:25 am »

Oh if you're looking for a sweet heavy two handed sword until you upgrade the basic zweihander to decent levels you should kill the stone guardians. That stone guardian greatsword is pretty awesome early on if a tad heavy.

afaik two handing multiplies your strength stat by 1.5, allowing you to wield weapons you may not be able to single handed as well as having it scale higher if it has strength scaling.

Been trying some stuff out with strength scaling myself after taking a bit of a break.
I was wielding a +5 black knight greatsword but decided it would be nice to try upgrading my demon great axe to +15 to see what happens. The strength scaling went up to an amazing S.
When I'm using power within pyromancy and the dragon stone torso my normal attacks deal up to 1200 damage, and will probably continue to scale into epic levels.  :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:14:13 am by Jelle »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 29, 2012, 08:54:31 am »

You can probably still do the moonlight butterfly if you

I did that on my other character, and I would on this one, if I had any humanity to revive with.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 29, 2012, 08:55:22 am »

Oh if you're looking for a sweet heavy two handed sword until you upgrade the basic zweihander to decent levels you should kill the stone guardians. That stone guardian greatsword is pretty awesome early on if a tad heavy.

afaik two handing multiplies your strength stat by 1.5, allowing you to wield weapons you may not be able to single handed as well as having it scale higher if it has strength scaling.

nice to know, thanks.

Epic double post.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 29, 2012, 10:27:57 am »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 29, 2012, 10:38:29 am »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 29, 2012, 10:54:30 am »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 29, 2012, 10:56:13 am »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 29, 2012, 10:58:38 am »

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 29, 2012, 11:28:42 am »

Woot I beat him.
It was the ultimate sudden death fight. Both of us were capable of destroying one another in mere seconds.

I powered up with inner power, dodged his leap and went for a counter, dodged his grab and another counter wich staggered him and gave it a power attack, altogether removing 2/3 of his life in 4 seconds. Finished him off with a leap power attack.  8)

On another note, I 2 shot the asylum demon and the new playthrough.  :P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:36:19 am by Jelle »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 29, 2012, 11:39:26 am »

Double post. My first. Damned 504s.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:50:12 am by Lectorog »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 29, 2012, 11:44:31 am »

I suppose you could say Jelle's approach is the best. Still not exactly an "honorable duel".

In other news, my strength-only run is predictable difficult. Started as deprived. Capra demon was a serious pain. Wearing some sort of leather armor. Working my way through the depths. I might just skip it, using the Master Key to head to the end of Blighttown. It's a pain; I just got cursed. Punching and clubbing things is fun, but tedious - it takes a lot of hits.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 29, 2012, 11:58:17 am »

I thought using every bullshit trick available to even the odds was in the spirit of the game?
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 29, 2012, 12:06:04 pm »

It usually is, but that fight is designed badly. With most of the others you are massively outclassed, that one is just kind of cheap.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 127