Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148392 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #645 on: September 23, 2012, 11:37:11 am »

I have been killed by demons, and undead, and rats, and frogs, and dragons, and plants, and butterflies, and NPCs, and traps, and gravity, and.... and... im sure theres other stuff.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 23, 2012, 12:46:58 pm »

I killed Solaire
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does that make me a monster?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 23, 2012, 12:49:23 pm »

Well that's just self defense, but you were still a bad friend to let that happen to him.

Now you'll never get jolly co-operation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 23, 2012, 01:03:53 pm »

I really wish I could draw:

Spoiler: A Comic I would draw (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 23, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »

Well that's just self defense, but you were still a bad friend to let that happen to him.

Now you'll never get jolly co-operation.
It's unlikely that you'll achieve the exact sequence of events necessary for it to occur otherwise. I didn't really use the wiki for my first playthrough. And only one opportunity for jolly cooperation was lost.
I will save him this time.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 23, 2012, 07:09:42 pm »

So, since my last question session, shit has indeed gone down.

My claymore +5 is now a Divine Claymore +3, best thing i've ever done.
Pyromancy is now me!
Went back to the asylum, killed
with bandit knife, leveled up Faith to 20. Also got the crest shield.
Screw Combustion, I need more than flame 'poofs', buying Fireball next.
I've started wearing Black Leather armor, noticing no real difference in the damage I take.
I one shotted the
by using a secret passage and ending up on a ledge above it. Claymore for the win!
I farmed
then I got 3 in one go. A winner is me!

Thats an update on me for now. No questions for once!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 23, 2012, 07:11:41 pm »

I think I might actually try playing online next weekend.
I haven't even updated yet. xD

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 23, 2012, 08:03:15 pm »

Went back to the asylum, killed
with bandit knife, leveled up Faith to 20.
I have respect for you. Unless you're level 100 or something. I had difficulty with that boss. And that was in full Havel's (under 50% encumbrance) with the crest shield. Perhaps I was still in a lesser armor at the time, but it was certainly something heavy.

If you didn't know, having a humanity increases your item discovery by a lot. Past one it doesn't do as much, but having one certainly helps. That's a humanity in your stats, to be clear - not reversing hollowing or having a humanity item in your inventory.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 23, 2012, 08:10:08 pm »

It's still quite a bit.  With 10 humanity and a Covetous Gold Serpent ring a lot of enemies will drop something on every kill, even rare items.
Shoes...

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 23, 2012, 08:10:53 pm »

Actually, killing it with the bandit knife is the best thing I could have done in that:

When I was farming I chugged 6 humanity, xD.

Im going to bed now, i'll post more in the morning if I have time.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 23, 2012, 11:41:58 pm »

I'm getting hooked on this game. 

Only thing bothering me so far is people who do low level runs and then invade my low-gear, low-level first game  :-\ .   Sucks when I've just picked up the halberd and I'm hitting an invader with it for 17 damage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 23, 2012, 11:43:20 pm »

That's why you have a Black Separation Crystal. The Darksign serves a similar purpose because there are some spots where you can get stuck.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 23, 2012, 11:50:28 pm »

Is it consumable?  I'm being a hoarder.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 23, 2012, 11:51:55 pm »

Hoarding does little good in Dark Souls, but no. (Magic is non-consumable as well, for the record.)
No Gods, No Masters.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 24, 2012, 06:15:09 am »

Alright so after trying out some different fighting styles and reading up on some guides I had come to the realization that I had completely messed up my stats.
It seems that the stat resistance is utterly useless and it's more beneficial to simply raise vitality for more health. Ofcourse I spent what must be 30 stat points into resistance, wondering why I still keep getting crushed by every attack.

So now I'm doing something completely different then cowering behind a shield hoping not to die; wielding weapons two handed and utterly destroying the enemy before they  can touch me.
I've been very succesful with this new character this way, managed to kill that first bell gargoyle in what must have been 5 seconds with the help of sunbro. Compared to the several minutes on the previous it' a huge difference!

I've been constantly looking for larger heavier weapons to wield, finally found one I'm happy with after cutting off the tail of the gaping dragon. Man does this weapon rock provided you can wield it.

I went on to have another stab at Ornstein and Smough as a final test on how much stronger I was. I freaking 3 hit ornstein using the power within pyromancy spell. The fight was an absolute breeze now.

And now for different questions:
Can I not join the sunbros at the broken statue if i've killed Solaire?

Why would you kill Solaire, he's your bro!  :(

The only npc I ever killed is the hollow looking merchant in undead burg. I mistakenly thought he was one of the hollow enemies in the area and charged right at him. Oh well at least he dropped a sweet sword.

Edit:
Oh I forgot to ask, regarding weapon upgrades and stat scaling.
I realize I'm wielding a dragon weapon right now, wich has no stat scaling and cannot be modified.
Thus far the damage is more then enough even without stat scaling, but I worry about should I decide to go for game+ and all that, where I'll reach higher levels and get more stats.
Furthermore I wonder if it would be better to get a weapon that can be modified to have elemental damage. I understand this decreases the stat scaling but let's the weapon scale with the magic type it has on it. e.g holy weapon scaling with faith.

Sooo I guess I'm not sure if it's wise to stick with dragon weaponry or wether it's still plenty good without the scaling?
How long would it say for instance my capra demon greatword to outscale my dragon great axe? (the former has a scaling of B I think it had)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:56:32 am by Jelle »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 127