Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148277 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #465 on: August 31, 2012, 08:00:35 pm »

Victory. Is. Mine.

What I finally figured out:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't know if I really liked the Dragon. There was very much a random element of chance in that fight you simply can't get around. And for attacks that will essentially ruin your attempt, he telegraphs those in half the time of other bosses. Some combinations of things it might choose to do will simply kill you. Like deciding to run two back and forth dragon breath sweeps of the bridge, one right after the other, where you were at his foot. There's nothing you can do about that short of being godly.

Ah well. It's MY bridge now.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:03:06 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 31, 2012, 08:42:22 pm »

Think I'm gonna use my master key to screw around in Blighttown a bit, maybe I'll find some new armor or ma-holy fuck.

I'm a Gravelord Servant, I've got everywhere but upper undead burg open for pvp, it's time to fuck shit up.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 31, 2012, 08:47:08 pm »

The best part about Gravelording is that there are so few that a lot of people have no clue what's happening once it starts. You're going to have a lot of very confused and desperate invaders soon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 01, 2012, 01:41:47 am »

Oh, you know the worst kind of griefer? Those with Havel's armor, and that weird repeating crossbow. They will fuck you up hard.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 01, 2012, 02:11:12 am »

The best part about Gravelording is that there are so few that a lot of people have no clue what's happening once it starts. You're going to have a lot of very confused and desperate invaders soon.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 01, 2012, 06:30:46 am »

First bell has been rung, took a few tries but they felt a hell of a lot easier than the bridge dragon. (Mostly because they were not quite as random). Onwards to the big ass demon I saw just down from Andre the Blacksmith.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 01, 2012, 06:47:32 am »

Oh, you know the worst kind of griefer? Those with Havel's armor, and that weird repeating crossbow. They will fuck you up hard.

I had a pretty good fight with an invader, and I was winning after a successful riposte, but he got this thing out and one shotted me from full health to dead with that thing...

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 01, 2012, 08:45:40 am »

I had a pretty good fight with an invader, and I was winning after a successful riposte, but he got this thing out and one shotted me from full health to dead with that thing...

I am still too scurred to regain my humanity. I am quite stuck being undead since I would freak the fuck out if I got invaded :p Only issue is that I read I might miss some optional story elements that can only happen when alive.

[EDIT]: Just beat the hell out of the Capra Demon, now from what I was reading here I was dreading the encounter and nervously twitching when I was contemplating crossing the fog gate but he went down on the first try.
Maybe it was just my upgrade grinding speaking but I had alot more problems with the gargoyles, they took about five attempts. What I did was cross the gate, make sure to instantly raise my shield, run straight forward and kill the dogs (I used the spear attack that you can use with your shield still raised.)
After they were dead I kited the Capra up and down the stairs by running up it and as he was following and about to attack, I raise the shield and jump down, wait for him to jump down, attack two or three times then run up the stairs and repeat.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:08:56 am by Aptus »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 01, 2012, 11:42:19 am »

I decided to start a new guy just for fucking around, and rushed Gravelord with scythe and crimson set so I can spread misery in style.

In Undead Burg. 

At SL10.

5 kills and counting.
Shoes...

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 01, 2012, 01:56:40 pm »

Ok, Havel's armor+weird repeating crossbow= HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX. Unless you happen to be the theif. Also, Havel himself is an asshole if you don't have a dodge build.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 01, 2012, 02:05:36 pm »

Ok, just recently restarted. Figured I'd human myself up to grab some drops. Just got through the aqueducts into undead burgh, and I get invaded. I let my guard down eventually to heal, and got axed in teh back. But all I want to know is... what the hell was the giant poofy hat thing he was wearing? Looked like he shoved a hot air baloon onto his head. Made him super easy to find though...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 01, 2012, 02:34:31 pm »

Xanthous Crown.

I'm getting tired of Gravelord already.  After those five invasions I got nothing, except one other twink who dead angled and all that silly shit.  I'm working myself up to a real challenge, SL10 dickwraith.  I'll have to kill Sif and the Four Kings though, and that's quite a tall order for a level 10, though I am a pyromancer.

First I gotta kill the Capra demon and get the pyromancy guy so I can upgrade my glove.
Shoes...

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 01, 2012, 03:32:25 pm »

Holy crap the Depths are freaking me out. After all the nice open areas the darkness and claustrophobia inducing feeling of this place is unsettling.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 01, 2012, 04:29:52 pm »

Ok, Havel's armor+weird repeating crossbow= HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX. Unless you happen to be the theif. Also, Havel himself is an asshole if you don't have a dodge build.
Havel's armor isn't even the most defensive armor there is... and it's hella heavy. If you want a real challenge, try fighting someone with Giant's Armor +5.

Like me.

Who also uses a +5 Gravelord Sword.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 01, 2012, 10:35:32 pm »

Havel himself is an asshole if you don't have a dodge build.
Havel's only a problem if you're too slowed by your armor. Half or less weight and you're good - just circle around and backstab.

I played for 11 hours straight today (well, breaks for 2 meals and bathroom). I finally beat Smough/Ornstein. Have killed two hydras. I think I'm in the 50s or 60s for level, and am wearing full Havel's armor, switching between crest, silver knight, and eagle shields, and wielding my +4 Lightning Zweihander. At the Duke's Archives now, in the Ice Cave, walking in circles.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 127