Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 147942 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1830 on: April 15, 2014, 10:52:47 pm »

Ah... the gaping dragon. My friends who introduced me to this game kept talking about how much they hate "that boss in the Depths," how much grief it gave them. When I finally met it, terrified after the cutscene and seeing it stomping towards me, I killed it with a single Soul Spear.

Here's how the immediately following phone call went:
"Sooo... you know that Gaping Dragon you kept warning me about?"
"Yeah?"
"I kind of... killed it in one hit..."
"..."
"Um..."
And then he just started laughing his ass off.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1831 on: April 15, 2014, 10:54:59 pm »

My one mage doesn't have Soul Spear and he's somewhere in the Duke's Archives right now. O.o

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1832 on: April 15, 2014, 10:55:34 pm »

You got soul spear before doing the depths?  :o
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: April 15, 2014, 10:56:52 pm »

I completely missed lower undead burg until after I'd beaten Seath. It wasn't until I heard complaints about the Gaping Dragon that I looked for the entrance.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1834 on: April 15, 2014, 10:57:54 pm »

Wow. Your experience with blight town must have been /completely/ different from mine.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: April 15, 2014, 10:58:14 pm »

All the gaping dragon does to me these days is puke on my side salad. Shits rude.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: April 15, 2014, 11:00:34 pm »

Wow. Your experience with blight town must have been /completely/ different from mine.
I started with the master key and went in what is apparently the back way after I beat the Bell Gargoyles. I remember those fat dung guys used to destroy me until I learned to parry. Oddly enough, I didn't find Quelaag until after I'd explored upper blight town to this mysterious sewer door I couldn't open.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1837 on: April 15, 2014, 11:02:28 pm »

The clubby guys are real easy imho, even on SL1 pyro run.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: April 15, 2014, 11:04:47 pm »

Again, this was my first playthrough, and I encountered them pretty early. I honestly did not learn to parry until the second bonfire in Anor Londo, and being a mostly mage build I couldn't block for long.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: April 15, 2014, 11:06:43 pm »

I started with the master key and went in what is apparently the back way after I beat the Bell Gargoyles. I remember those fat dung guys used to destroy me until I learned to parry. Oddly enough, I didn't find Quelaag until after I'd explored upper blight town to this mysterious sewer door I couldn't open.
That's the way I ALWAYS go, because the Capra Demon is a HUGE pain, and I just go back after Anor Londo, when I have a greatshield, so I can get the ember from the depths.

Although more recently, I just build for zwey, and I poise tank through the capra.  It's one of the few bosses that I'll regularly defeat in a slug-out.  Just flame zweihander, heaviest armor, two-handed, and pray my stamina stays long enough to finish it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1840 on: April 15, 2014, 11:08:24 pm »

Again, this was my first playthrough, and I encountered them pretty early. I honestly did not learn to parry until the second bonfire in Anor Londo, and being a mostly mage build I couldn't block for long.
I know. I don't parry anyways, even with dex builds. I just don't like it. :l

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: April 15, 2014, 11:11:36 pm »

First invader eh? Was it the knight of thorns?
>Grizzly adams uses Bubble-pop!

No, it was a standard red phantom player. I encountered Kirk shortly afterwards, but he's hardly worth mentioning.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: April 15, 2014, 11:15:17 pm »

That's the way I ALWAYS go, because the Capra Demon is a HUGE pain, and I just go back after Anor Londo, when I have a greatshield, so I can get the ember from the depths.

Although more recently, I just build for zwey, and I poise tank through the capra.  It's one of the few bosses that I'll regularly defeat in a slug-out.  Just flame zweihander, heaviest armor, two-handed, and pray my stamina stays long enough to finish it.
He also was vulnerable to a single soul spear. I am sad to admit that the dogs still killed me, though.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: April 15, 2014, 11:18:13 pm »

I uh... Actually found the easiest way to beat the capra demon is to do something most people wouldn't think of the first time.

Stand still. Just stand still, block and then kill the dog. Go up the stairs after dodging the demon and kill the other dog. Really easy if it all works. I have no idea why it becomes manageable if you just stand still at first.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1844 on: April 15, 2014, 11:22:28 pm »

I've never had problems with the dogs, really. I usually panic-stab calmly slash them to death right as Capra starts his first swing, and by then I'm dodging.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 127