Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148155 times)

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1575 on: June 22, 2013, 11:25:43 pm »

Haha yeah that spell is awesome, but they did nerf it so it's not quite so powerful.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 22, 2013, 11:33:52 pm »

Just a note you can very easily roll through Pursuers if you roll into them and use you i-frames to good effect, with dark bead just roll through it and get close so they cast it above you. The combo isn't half as bad as someone who mastered CSS and CHSM so they hit you as you rolled away from the soul mass, many farmers in the forest lost there lives to that combo.

Shoesandhats: Iron flesh is great vs some bosses however some simply do to much damage and others can use there range to gank you. The main ones are O&S(Ornstein will use his range to a decent degree), Ceaseless(fire wave spam), Seath(curse fun time), and Manus(No one survives 4k uber dark bead to the face).

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 23, 2013, 12:23:12 am »

Iron Flesh + The heaviest armor you can wear (you can't roll anyway) is a good strategy against the four kings, you can just tank their hits and chug estus protected by your poise.  It also makes the Gwyn parry strategy even easier because you don't have to worry about missing a parry and getting thrashed.
Shoes...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 23, 2013, 01:35:40 am »

Most bosses, if you walk directly towards them with iron flesh and tower shield, will quickly revert to melee attacks, where your iron flesh is used its best and you can just wade through their damage while two-handed destroying them.

While Ornstein does have a ranged attack, if you just keep walking towards him he'll default to melee, so it hardly matters.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 23, 2013, 02:16:12 am »

Iron flesh is good it not on  warding level of awesome in demons souls that shit was a must 75% reduced physical dmg, yes please.
Extra: I miss the pre nerf tranquil walk of peace and ring of fog good times. 
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 23, 2013, 11:11:01 am »

I miss ninja flipping heavies. Honestly, pre-nerf DWGR just created another strategy, it wasn't OP. Discouraged light armor, sure, but light armor still had its place. Things are probably more interesting now, but absurdity is always fun.

EDIT: Turns out Gwyn can be an easy boss even without parrying him.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm done with this asshole. I parried him three times and slashed a bit, and he went down. Gwyn just isn't a well-designed boss. He's an excellent start to a well-designed boss.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:08:49 pm by Lectorog »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 23, 2013, 02:08:04 pm »

I'm honestly not too scared of dark magic.  Most of the time they're fast rolling with 56 poise so all I really need to do is roll into them two-handed and start swinging.  If they roll away we can just keep playing that game until they're out of dark beads, and if they try to charge up another spell I'm gonna stunlock them.
Shoes...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 23, 2013, 03:24:39 pm »

Unless they manage to start charging a quick spell (like Soul Spear) while you start a roll, meaning it will fire as you stand up...?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 23, 2013, 03:50:12 pm »

Rolling into melee range makes it very hard to hit with stuff like soul spear.  It works on people who sideroll though.
Shoes...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 23, 2013, 03:52:23 pm »

I was just going on how I beat the NPC phantoms who constantly roll. Hmm, maybe I'll just keep leveling this guy and make another person for PvP.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 23, 2013, 04:12:46 pm »

I started playing this for fun.  That's level 18 with a stone greatsword and full stone armor, fat-roll, but the stone greatsword can cast Tranquil Walk of Peace which totally freaks out the twinks in Undead Parish who like to hunt noobs.

If you power into Vitality, you end up with enormous defense and health and can tank mad hits.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: June 23, 2013, 04:40:46 pm »

Back when stone sword's twop could be used to drain stats you could use hidden body and stone greatsword to make people alt-f4
Shoes...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 23, 2013, 04:45:54 pm »

Hmm, now that I've beaten the game, I want to try a self-imposed challenge for NG+

Dual-wielding the dark hands that the wraiths dropped, and having my catalyst in the main alt and velka's talisman in the other, for the gravelord sword dance. Dark hand seems to do pretty amazing unarmed damage, after all.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 23, 2013, 04:54:30 pm »

Now that I'm into NG+, my self-imposed challenge will be completing it. NG+ gets hard after the first half.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: June 23, 2013, 05:42:43 pm »

Still, it will be fun to punch my way to Anor Londo with black flamey fists.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 127