Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148206 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1515 on: June 19, 2013, 07:59:00 pm »

Parrying Gwyn is super cheap; I did it my first playthrough. This time I'm trying to have at least a little respect for each boss - no cheesing, no summoned phantoms. So yeah, I'll be ninja flipping around Gwyn and giving him paper cuts with my +15 uchi.
My failure is usually in trying to heal. Gwyn is pretty relentless, and obstacles are sparse.

Oh that is the best thing ever. :P
OnlyAfro has done a number of amusing Dark Souls videos. Cthulhu linked, or at least referenced, an in-depth tutorial on using dark magic, and this video is amazingly popular.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: June 19, 2013, 08:04:08 pm »

Cthulhu linked, or at least referenced, an in-depth tutorial on using dark magic

NUUUU THAT WAS ME!

How dare you steal my credit, Cthulhu?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: June 19, 2013, 08:06:44 pm »

For the record though, I was aware of it and thinking of it when I made that post.

The only thing the guy was missing was the unlock-twohand-R1-gg falchion.  He at least had the skill for a great scythe (and I mean the skill skill, he dead angled perfectly)
Shoes...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: June 19, 2013, 08:10:25 pm »

Speaking of Giant Dad, I may have to make a GiantDad...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: June 19, 2013, 08:16:41 pm »

They seem boring. Just R1 and pray he doesn't know how to toggle out of stun.

Also while I love Well what is it, spamming proper bow is much more infuriating.
Shoes...

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: June 19, 2013, 08:42:11 pm »

I had a level 100 Ninja flipping Giant Dad planned out once. It seemed like it might be fun, mostly because of how insanely ridiculous it would be. I never got around to making it though.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: June 19, 2013, 09:30:09 pm »

I'm a little bit behind times, but my brother recently got this game because it was cheap and I heard it was good, and holy shit it's by far the best game I've played in a while.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: June 19, 2013, 09:36:05 pm »

Yeah, finally got a Cat Covenant fight that wasn't a massive gang up. Another forest hunter showed, but was piss for help and just stood there and watched. Man, when the odds are even (or as even as they get ), pvp is surprisingly fun. I even won, which is good by me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: June 19, 2013, 10:19:38 pm »

I think I'm getting the hang of the murakumo. 

Also, apparently the ghostly images you see are on a several second delay.  I just saw the spectral remnants of someone I killed, replaying her final moments.

Also also, I'm discovering the joy of unlocked camera.  Take that bigass two-handed Murakumo R2, then when he inevitably goes for the backstab unlock and drop the second one right on his head.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:27:02 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: June 19, 2013, 10:32:32 pm »

I think I'm getting the hang of the murakumo. 

Also, apparently the ghostly images you see are on a several second delay.  I just saw the spectral remnants of someone I killed, replaying her final moments.

Also also, I'm discovering the joy of unlocked camera.  Take that bigass two-handed Murakumo R2, then when he inevitably goes for the backstab unlock and drop the second one right on his head.
You can also do a lot of fun things with the Black Knight Greatsword and Black Knight Greataxe.  Their heavy attacks have a wind up and a strike, and your strike can face a different direction, so you can set up some surprises for someone trying to backstab just a little too slowly.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: June 19, 2013, 10:39:21 pm »

Uchi's 2h R2 is really nice for that because it's slow enough for the enemy to start trying something but usually not slow enough for them to get a hit in. If they don't have any poise, you can get them into a sort of stunlock where they can't do anything but twitch around.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: June 20, 2013, 03:15:13 am »

Got STR up by two points, finally. Enchanted +4 Great Scythe is awesome.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: June 20, 2013, 03:57:40 am »

The Wall would be a lot more impressive if he weren't using CE.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: June 20, 2013, 04:16:34 am »

Not sure where you're getting the idea of CE from. The only thing I can think of is the number of humanity items he has, and even that's perfectly doable with humanity phantom farming.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: June 20, 2013, 04:25:58 am »

Yeah, humanity phantoms are just silly for that. I never bothered gathering that many, but it wouldn't be difficult. You can get 10-20 humanities/twin humanities every time you clear Chasm of the Abyss and that takes what, fifteen minutes?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:28:21 am by Sordid »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 127