Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148341 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1305 on: June 06, 2013, 10:10:25 am »

Well, think about your main source of usable humanity in the game. Its mostly from rats or those tentacle things in the archives. Think about it.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 06, 2013, 11:04:38 am »

There's only one god left, who maintains a shroud of lies.  Why should the chosen undead work to aid the gods?  They've already left.

Unless you count the "archdemons" like the Witch of Izalith or Nito.  In which case, one's a disfigured being of raw chaos and the other is literally a gravelord.  Neither of those sound very appealing, compared to what humans might provide...

Spoiler: Actual Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 06, 2013, 05:35:01 pm »

She said they left, not that they didn't exist.

Anyway, making my Chaos Warrior finally got me into katanas, though I'm still not such a dick as to use That Big Stupid Katana.

Here's what I came up with.  SL45 Ninja build for killing Forest Hunters.  I might put it on the wiki, so far it's done pretty well, (four wins, two losses, one loss was against an sl45 with Crystal Magic Washing Pole so that shit barely counts).  Super easy to use and super easy to make, I did it in a few hours.  Since I'm not vit gouging I didn't need Giant Blacksmith or any of the other hard areas. 

1.  Get to Andre, by Havel or the regular way
2.  Save up 20,000 souls
3.  Get DWGR
4.  Get Uchigatana (either by atoning and rejoining Forest Hunters, or by killing Undead Merchant Male, you don't really need anything he's selling)
5.  Get it to +5
6.  Go get the Large Ember
7.  Go to Blighttown, farm large shards, then suck it up and get the shadow armor.
8.  +10 Uchigatana
9.  Kill Quelaag and the Gargoyles if you haven't already
10.  Go ahead and kill the Daughter of Chaos for her soul, you don't need her
11.  Do Sen's Fortress to get Balder Shield and Gold Serpent Ring, kill the Golem if you want (you can probably kill Darkling Lady for her soul too, but you're getting into overkill Estus-wise at that point)
12.  Kill Ingward and get the Very Large Ember, farm Darkwraiths for chunks.
13.  Kill the Stray Demon for his slab (super easy with katana's bleed)
14.  +15 Uchigatana
15.  Finish leveling if you haven't already, buy your ninja tools with whatever's left and get PvPing.  Farm Depths rats for humanity when you run out.
Shoes...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 06, 2013, 07:33:08 pm »

I suggest doing a str build if your going for a low level build. 28 str is the minimum you need to dish out maximum damage when you 2-hand it.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 06, 2013, 10:13:21 pm »

I need to play this more then around twice a week so that those spoilers will stop being so tempting. But I'm mad at it all the time... I've reached a conundrum here.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 06, 2013, 10:36:37 pm »

I need to play this more then around twice a week so that those spoilers will stop being so tempting. But I'm mad at it all the time... I've reached a conundrum here.
So when, where, and what level.  At any reasonable place I can prepare a sunbro to meet you.  Let's do this, jolly co-operation style!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 07, 2013, 07:11:55 am »

So I've never actually reached SL120, the typical hot spot for high level PvP.

Anybody who has, how is it?  Is it all these silly honor duels?  What I like the most in Dark Souls PvP is tooth and nail killing with real stakes.  That means invasions while the host is actually trying to do something in the game other than play samurai.  Can I still get that at SL120?
Shoes...

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 07, 2013, 08:04:53 am »

You know, I joined the forest hunter covenant recently for some fun PVP action, and my one complaint is this:

I have put a lot of souls and titanite into my +7 longbow so far, and I am severely annoyed that they are nearly useless in PVP. Is there any way to effectively use a bow in PVP, or do I just give up and use it for PVE only?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:10:00 am by Gamerboy4life »
I need to put something interesting here.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 07, 2013, 08:28:27 am »

You know, I joined the forest hunter covenant recently for some fun PVP action, and my one complaint is this:

I have put a lot of souls and titanite into my +7 longbow so far, and I am severely annoyed that they are nearly useless in PVP. Is there any way to effectively use a bow in PVP, or do I just give up and use it for PVE only?

Unless you can snipe from long range without the target knowing he is being attacked, yeah the bow is pretty useless imo. And even if you snipe from long range, the best you'll get is one arrow before the dodging begins anyways.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 07, 2013, 08:28:42 am »

Knockback-kills (with those bullshit uber arrows on That One Bow) in New Londo are the one good use for bows.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 07, 2013, 08:34:43 am »

Welp, time to go farm for souls and titanite to upgrade the light crossbow, then. Because I still really want to use a mainly ranged class.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 07, 2013, 08:37:10 am »

Go with heavy crossbow. Unless your REALLY have problems with weight, there's no reason you shouldn't use the heavy crossbow.

PS. The 3-shot crossbow is overrated.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 07, 2013, 08:45:58 am »

Go with heavy crossbow. Unless your REALLY have problems with weight, there's no reason you shouldn't use the heavy crossbow.

PS. The 3-shot crossbow is overrated.

I kind of do, but I'll just switch to a lighter shield to compensate, if it's really worth it.

Also, is there any way to kill Shiva's bodyguard without the Forest Hunter covenant hating you forever? I heard that he drops a ring that allows you to do the flips if your total weight is under 25% of what you can actually wear.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 07, 2013, 08:49:07 am »

Kill him, then go to the priest and pay your sins, re-apply with the cat.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 07, 2013, 08:50:40 am »

Kill him, then go to the priest and pay your sins, re-apply with the cat.

Oh, that actually works? I thought you couldn't rejoin the covenant under any circumstances once you 'betrayed', even with absolution.

I'm going to go try it now...
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 127