Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148471 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1095 on: April 14, 2013, 09:49:09 am »

It's likely a problem with the controller. For whatever reason, playing Dark Souls has a tendency to mess up the left analog stick, it's happened to me and some other people I know as well.

You can sort of fix the problem by not pushing the stick fully forward or pushing it slightly to the side, but you should probably just switch to another controller if you have one.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 14, 2013, 11:14:56 am »

I have the same issue with the 360 stick. I even tried to sandpaper the circular casing to give more latitude to the left stick movement and it didn't help :/ For now I just run with a slight angle, but yeah it's really annoying.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 14, 2013, 12:57:29 pm »

I wish I could see the player's faces when I gravelord them in Tomb of Giants. Black Phantom skeleton bears must be terrifying.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 14, 2013, 01:18:15 pm »

I have the same issue with the 360 stick.
Yup, me too. I thought my controller was just crap.

I wish I could see the player's faces when I gravelord them in Tomb of Giants. Black Phantom skeleton bears must be terrifying.
Too bad there aren't many people in the Tomb of Giants.
Gravelording is fantastic but I never get Gravelorded, and I rarely get invaded when Gravelording, even when standing next to the bonfire. So sad that such a fun process goes to waste.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 14, 2013, 02:35:08 pm »

Yeah my controller was nackered

Ok so I have rang the bell and done that part I'm not sure where to go now... I have tried the Forrest but I get promptly raped by its inhabitants
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: April 14, 2013, 03:02:35 pm »

Talking to people actually gives good direction. The guy sitting at Firelink would let you know there are actually two bells. One's up above, in the undead church. The other's below, in the plague-infested Blighttown.
You got a "basement key"; or, you should have - across from the front of the church, the corpse near the giant gate you can open.
The door you want is at Solaire's end of the bridge with the wyvern.

Though, lots can be found by just exploring. Different sequences can actually yield different results, and there's no telling what covenants and other goodies you may find.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 14, 2013, 03:13:46 pm »

Ohhhhhhhh thank you !! :) I was getting a but frustrated I think I will start to talk to the NPCs now haha.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 14, 2013, 06:55:56 pm »

Found the Lightning Spear. Life is now good. Now I know why everyone was saying the Drake sword wasn't very good, elemental damage really cuts through defenses. Blighttown wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Sen's Fortress, on the other hand, sucked. In retrospect it wasn't hard, but it's not a forgiving place at 4am when you're all tired. Pimp-slapped the Iron Golem around. Cleaned out all the armor dudes at the beginning of Anor Londo. I know the really crappiest fights are coming up, but right now for once I feel kind of up-beat about what comes next. Dark Souls will no doubt punish my temerity.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 14, 2013, 07:16:57 pm »

Too bad you get the lightning spear at the point where the next two series of enemies are lightning resistant.
Magic/divine weapons penetrate the best over the entire game. They scale, which can be good or bad.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 15, 2013, 01:51:01 am »

Actually, in equal total attack rating(AR), pure physical will /always/ deal the highest damage.

This is because 2 types of damage means less of each for the same total - each one will have a harder job getting through defense than if there were a larger amount of a single type.

Also to note is that lightning spear doesn't scale whatsoever with your stats. This means that you'll eventually deal more damage with, say, +15 Zweihander than +5 Lightning Zweihander if you keep levelling your strength. There's also the fact that modified equipment e.g fire, lightning, divine - none of it can use any weapon buffs such as pine resins or spells such as Magic Weapon or Darkmoon Blade.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 15, 2013, 03:14:32 am »

With my Paladin Leeroy cosplay, I was somehow able to beat Knight Artorias after 3 deaths and Kalameet after 5. Fat rolls, Grant, and Sanctus (+15 which doesn't have enough stability to tank through any of the two's attacks) made this task really hard considering the opponents. Time to defeat Manus.

Dishwater

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 15, 2013, 06:22:13 am »

I just started the game on ps3 and I'm about 6 hours in.

So far the game is great fun and I've managed to ring the first bell.

Now I'm currently trying to decide which way to go.

Catacombs,depths,darkroot basin,further into darkroot gardens,the drake place and lordran(?) ruins.So I ask you which is the "correct" way? I suspect its the garden

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 15, 2013, 06:25:45 am »

@dishwater

Blight town would be next on your agenda, it's the door on the bridge with the dragon on it.

If you look further up on the thread where my previous posts are you will find I asked the exact same question ;)

Also there is no set place where you must go. The game is quite open and you are not limited on a linear path although you might need to go to a place sooner or later

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 15, 2013, 07:38:09 am »

@dishwater

I would actually recommend that you explore and level up at the darkroot gardens first before going to Blight Town.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 15, 2013, 07:56:46 am »

I agree with Crimson, if you're going the standard way to Blighttown you will definitely want some moss to heal poison, which there's plenty of in Darkroot Garden.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 127