Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ambush party!  (Read 835 times)

Dr_Pylons

• Bay Watcher
  • [GREEDY]
    • View Profile
Ambush party!
« on: February 03, 2011, 09:57:54 pm »

So 7 ambushes at the exact same time (one offscreen). Is this normal? They all ended up annihilating each other leaving me to reap the benefits, so I can't complain.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Ambush party!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:02:08 pm »

That depends. Was the ambush actually found by multiple units at the same time? Because that leads to multiple messages for one ambush.

Also mounted ambushers are revealed independently of their mounts.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dr_Pylons

• Bay Watcher
  • [GREEDY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:06:41 pm »

To me it looked like independent groups since they came from all different sides of the maps and then proceeded to attack each other. And then the remaining victors stood there until I cleaned them up. Also each group was once specific type of warrior (lashers, marksmen, etc)

Bikgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:08:02 pm »

It sounds like you had a loyalty cascade. Also, I think loyalty cascades might give you multiple messages per ambush party, but I'm not sure about that one.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 03:47:52 am »

I'm fairly sure loyalty cascades don't give new ambush announcements. The only announcement a cascade will get you is a combat report, which isn't really an announcement. I've never seen it happen, anyway.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 03:52:07 am »

Maybe the message was triggered when the different ambushes discovered each other?  I think caravans can discover ambushes.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 07:00:31 am »

Anything can discover an ambush.  Zombie creatures will as well, which caused me to put zombie critters on chains outside.  Goblins attack them, triggering an ambush warning.

Were these all from the same civ?  Like, all goblins?  Or do you have more goblin races than one?  Was one ambush goblin and the other elf?

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 07:41:54 am »

Anything can discover an ambush.  Zombie creatures will as well, which caused me to put zombie critters on chains outside.  Goblins attack them, triggering an ambush warning.

Were these all from the same civ?  Like, all goblins?  Or do you have more goblin races than one?  Was one ambush goblin and the other elf?
ok... You JUST have to tell me how you assigned zombie critters that way. Did you tie them to a chain or?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 07:49:17 am »

Assigned to a chain.  Note that your guys will run from them, so it's a wall that sees ambushes, but also prevents civilian movement.