Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can thieves steal a bin?  (Read 1374 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Can thieves steal a bin?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 07:53:44 pm »

The age-old farming method of generating mud via bucket-brigade, will now be replaced by the slow torture and execution of captured soldiers via one bucket of lava at a time.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 10:48:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure I've had macaques steal mudstone from me before.  Plus, plenty of expended yet unbroken crossbow bolts near goblin corpses.

It's one of those "don't even bother flashing a message about this!" types of messages.  Frankly, they were doing me a favor, picking up litter on my lawn.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 12:35:26 am »

Could you ignite an artifact lignite sock then? :s
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 01:10:38 am »

I'm pretty sure I've had macaques steal mudstone from me before.  Plus, plenty of expended yet unbroken crossbow bolts near goblin corpses.

It's one of those "don't even bother flashing a message about this!" types of messages.  Frankly, they were doing me a favor, picking up litter on my lawn.

I modded in itemthief fishes for the ocean, to clean up my messes, but I don't think it works. They don't show up, at any rate.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Twistolation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 06:34:00 am »

In a 7 man fort, having your woodcutter make an artifact, and have the kobold stealing it minutes later makes for some leg lobbing fun!
Pages: 1 [2]