Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Greedy merchants!  (Read 2238 times)

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Greedy merchants!
« on: February 02, 2011, 06:03:52 pm »

I found an shop keeper and I sold the bronze flute for 50 coins, it says that the merchant owes me 50 coins. I exit the menu, but I don't get my money, I tried searching for it in the ground and other places without any results. Where can I find my money?

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Greedy merchants!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 06:18:40 pm »

did you move after you got done trading, because it moves it to the table by the chest after you move.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 06:50:42 pm »

Yes, I closed the menu and move around a bit (the place is kinda crowded...), the flute which I sold is on the floor, but the money isn't anywhere near it. Still can't find my money though...

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 07:22:37 pm »

Yes, I closed the menu and move around a bit (the place is kinda crowded...), the flute which I sold is on the floor, but the money isn't anywhere near it. Still can't find my money though...

It's on the table by the chest, directly opposite the door.  It's the pile of coins that don't have $ tags around it.

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 08:13:42 pm »

Ok, I found my money. Now I can't equip my new weapon, I drop the old and the new weapons on the ground and then I press g on the new weapon I want to pick up. It goes straight to the fiber pack, instead of equipping it. How the hell do I change weapons?!

I also have 4 yellow wounds, which apparently never heal, despite travelling several days.

And how can I see the descriptions of the creatures I am facing, which button should I need to press?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:38:35 pm by Isa »

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 08:47:41 pm »

you'll want to remove it from the bag "r" and it will go into grasp which will let you use it as a weapon, as for descriptions "l" then the letter of the creature, then "d"
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 08:48:05 pm »

If your new weapon goes to your backpack instead of your hands, it means you've got stuff in your hands and you need to either put it away in your backpack or drop it. If that doesn't work, then after picking it up and it gets placed in your backpack, then remove it. EDIT: ninja'd graaaah

The wounds are probably just scars. You can check by pressing z to check your status, and then pressing d on that screen to see a description. If it says "He/She has a __(massive, tiny, etc) __(tiny, jagged, straight, etc) scar on his/her __(body part)", then there's the source of your yellow wounds.

Press l to look at stuff, including your enemies.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 02:29:24 am »

kill them isa. kill them all.
LOSING IS FUN!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 06:35:30 am »

kill them isa. kill them all.
No, dont be a simple minded peasant.

Torture them Isa. Torture them.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 10:38:56 am »

Hmmm, I might do that, then again I am in a town so there's a possiblity that my npc gets swarmed and beaten to death. I will do it when I first equip this goddam sword!

I removed my previous sword by pressing r, then I dropped the new sword. After picking the new sword it goes back to backpack!

EDIT: I finally figured it out, thanks dudes without your assistance my hero would had punched people instead of slicing them half.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 10:53:21 am by Isa »

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 12:54:07 pm »

Hmmm, I might do that, then again I am in a town so there's a possiblity that my npc gets swarmed and beaten to death. I will do it when I first equip this goddam sword!

I removed my previous sword by pressing r, then I dropped the new sword. After picking the new sword it goes back to backpack!

EDIT: I finally figured it out, thanks dudes without your assistance my hero would had punched people instead of slicing them half.
Thanks!
What's wrong with punching people to death?

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 01:43:36 pm »

Thanks!
What's wrong with punching people to death?

It's slower and sometimes ineffective against armor.

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 05:31:33 pm »

I got a problem with equipping items... again. I picked up an shield, it was placed on my right hand next I took an sword WHICH was also placed on the right hand! How can equip the left hand instead of the right hand (everything gets equipped on the right arm...).

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 07:09:42 pm »

what are you holding in you left/ is you left hand or arm damaged?

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 09:42:07 pm »

You Do Not get swarmed unless you walk into a group of people - Just "S" away when your done with him... Unless hes in a room full of people, in which case, wait until midnight, cut their throats in their sleep, and wake him up with a nice boot to the head.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.
Pages: [1] 2