Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: CASOG Project - Back up!  (Read 13924 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Create A Space Opera Galaxy Collaboration
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2011, 10:17:38 pm »

We will board you and slaghter every crewmember of the hiveship

Or we can crush the humans.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2011, 10:18:44 pm »

hive ship= over 10 billion uniklids. but exterminating humanity sounds fun.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2011, 10:30:31 pm »

Are we letting in singularitarian stuff, or is that just going to be uninteresting in the large scale, with a bunch of "hax" species running around eating planets to convert to computing material?
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

tNok85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2011, 10:30:44 pm »

dibs on a main character XD

Any character can be a main character. :D

Also, I think we'll need to figure out some approval process for massive region-changing submissions. Like a galactic war or extermination of a species. (Feel free to create an already extinct species, though!)

Are we letting in singularitarian stuff, or is that just going to be uninteresting in the large scale, with a bunch of "hax" species running around eating planets to convert to computing material?

While reading through this thread, I've been heavily leaning towards an approval process as being the primary method of adding something larger to the galaxy - like a species, a solar system, or a major event. Otherwise it will quickly go out of control with Mary Sue races/characters. :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:32:26 pm by tNok85 »

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2011, 10:33:21 pm »

Speaking of that, I was thinking of having an extinct species that built black holes that are the right size to sustain themselves and generate energy. They could be rare and sought after, items to fight for.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

tNok85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2011, 10:40:29 pm »

Speaking of that, I was thinking of having an extinct species that built black holes that are the right size to sustain themselves and generate energy. They could be rare and sought after, items to fight for.

Nice. :D

Keep it coming guys. We'll be good to start moving on this in earnest in the coming days. I am thinking the project name could be "Casog" for obvious reasons.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2011, 10:43:19 pm »

Hmmm. Can I still go ahead with the Uniklids? I can make them peaceful star-travellers instead of warmongering planet-swallowers.

But the black-hole thing would be pretty sweet.

We're going to need good artists for this. And is there going to be some kind of Elder Race?

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2011, 10:53:17 pm »

Well, my civilization are called the Ahlons, very interested in the elements and learned to control many of them relatively easily.
Also, this is an idea I've had for ages, I like to call them integrated. They're able to use devices specially made as an extension of their body. They're more of a scientific being, and not very aggressive.

Are we going to need a galactic map of sorts to show which races control areas?
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2011, 10:55:02 pm »

So they're like cyborgs, but the enhancements are more organic in nature? Interesting. But I really need a yes or no on the Uniklids.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2011, 10:55:59 pm »

For your approval, the Borzori: A theocratic, militaristic, matriarchal race ruled over by "Living gods", They share a large number of genetics with humanity, though they last twice as long, age slowly physically, have a greater mental capacity, retain a healthy metal age for longer and get to it quickly.

Their society is assimilative, absorbing any who want to and destroying the rest, and often come across as arrogant assholes (for lack of a better word),
They have a extreme hatred of "natural" births, preferring to use vats (they still need the reproductive materials for this) and fortify these "birthing centres"

Borzori Military:

The Borzori military Is one of the strongest in the galaxy, unmatched in defending their worlds, Their fleets going without a major defeat for centuries.
Borzori doctrine is to board the enemies larger ships I.E: capital ships while the cruisers wipe the rest of them.
Their organization fall within several branches, The Guard (Standard military organization), The prefectae (Special forces/Secret police, All female) and the Saints guard (elite forces/officer corps), The Violated are used as shock troops wielding massive melee weapons and given psychoactive drugs.

Borzori Society:

A theocratic, militaristic, matriarchal race ruled over by "Living gods", Their society is assimilative, absorbing any who want to join and destroying the rest, and often come across as arrogant assholes (for lack of a better word).

They have a extreme hatred of "natural" births, preferring to use vats (they still need the reproductive materials for this) and fortify these "birthing centres"

They consider the elders society the reason for their extinction and thus avoid any system like it (though they aren't repressive of basic rights), though tolerant of others.

Military duty is an integral part of borzori society, with atleast 95% of the population having served in the military.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:51:40 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2011, 11:00:32 pm »

Uniklids: Vast swarm of billions of insects serving the Hive-Mothers. They come in different forms, from the drone, the soldier, the scout to the mighty praetorians and the colossal Megaklid (Biggest form apart from Hive-Mother, capable of flight in a vacuum through burning bodily gases, capable of carrying smaller forms inside it and capable of planetside combat.). They are sentient, and not rigidly bound to the Hive-Mothers, but obey them through choice.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2011, 11:02:54 pm »

So they're like cyborgs, but the enhancements are more organic in nature? Interesting.

Kind of. The technology they use is also part of them. Their nerves and synapses act as small brains, and are able to learn a small amount. The person in general is unaware of this, as it acts as a separate being. The eventually learned how to like their nerves with technology, allowing them to have things as 'extensions'

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2011, 11:04:30 pm »

Oh. Sort of like a colony organism then, like coral, or a man o' war.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2011, 11:10:53 pm »

But not as a hive mind. They're an 'individual' race.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2011, 11:11:28 pm »

Right.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18