Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: KV-5 Commander (Operation Mars)  (Read 3750 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KV-5 Commander (Operation Mars)
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 07:13:03 pm »

I think splitting up tanks would not be a wise idea, just because our Recon hasn't spotted anything larger than a Pz III doesn't mean there are other heavier guns lurking.

I suggest:

Advance towards the town along with Infantry company to provide support. A couple HE shells into the buildings carrying the MGs and their AT should be able to give our troops enough cover. But our main focus should be on pinning down their Pz IIIs and eliminating them.

They probably don't have much more than 50mm guns on their tanks, but in the close confines of a village, they could damage our tracks or do damage if they get behind us.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:30:42 pm by Knave »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 07:13:51 pm »

Dmitri! Fire ze panzerschr-... main gun!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 07:15:07 pm »

"Dmitri, Kapalkin, nevermind. New plan."

'What the commander is trying to say guys, Advance towards the town along with Infantry company to provide support. A couple HE shells into the buildings carrying the MGs and their AT should be able to give our troops enough cover. But our main focus should be on pinning down their Pz IIIs and eliminating them.'

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 11:53:55 am »

Alright, from now on all OOC text will be in green.

Code: [Select]
Call everything in: 1
Advance into the town, firing HE shells and MG bullets at the buildings, upon seeing a PzKpfw III shoot AT shells at it: 2

The BM-13 Katyushas have 16 132mm rockets each, no special ammo. They have enough spare rockets for two barrages.

I'll give you guys a bit more time to decide on a course of action before writing up the turn.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 12:24:49 pm »

Lurking for the MOTHERLAND!
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 12:43:51 pm »

Alright, I'm starting the post now.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 01:45:14 pm »

You squeeze the button on the side of the transceiver, sending out a short wave of static and signalling the beginning of your message to the battalion commander.

*Ksshh* "We will proceed forwards into the town, sir, over and out." *ksshh*

You think for a moment on the way you should go about this, and decide to stick together, attacking the buildings first and destroying anyone you see. You look around your tank, seeing a crew of well trained but nervous warriors. This tank design has never seen combat before and you still don't know if it has any horrible flaws, seeing as it has only just gone into mass production. You get a look back from your team, a silent 'OK' and you straighten up your back a bit, getting out of the slouching position you noticed yourself in. You bring the transceiver to your mouth again and utter the words,

*Ksshh* "BTP, full speed ahead." *ksshh*

Your driver eases his two levers forwards and the tank lurches ahead, running over a tree that was concealed from your vision before. There is a loud crunch, but the tank doesn't stop or even slow, it just continues forwards in a majestic manner. Raising yourself up into the cupola reveals that the other tanks in your platoon are doing the same thing, one to your left and one to your right. The loud sound of engines pumping away and rubble flying behind your tracks temporarily drowns out everything else as your ears accustom to the noise. Looking out of your cupola you can see the buildings more clearly now, but still can't hear anything other than the noise the tank is making.

In front of your loud tank stands a small village of maybe ten buildings and a few sheds and shacks. From here you can make out seven houses, a factory (producing ammunition, if you remember correctly), a school building and a mill*. You still, however, cannot see any tanks or infantry other than a friendly observer team sneaking away from the town. The fog, however, is obscuring everything, and there may be camouflaged infantry or similar hiding in the grass near you. You carry onwards regardless.

You are about thirty yards away from the town when suddenly you hear a clunk on the hull of the tank. You glance around frantically to find where it came from but cannot see anything that has dropped and the crewmen all seem as confused as you.

"Does anybody know what the hell that was?" you shout, but get no reply from anyone, just confused looks from every except the driver.

BOOM! There is an explosion on the bottom of the turret of the tank. The tank shakes slightly but no damage is apparent without a closer check. You are stunned for a moment before realising what is going on, the Nazi scum have thrown a grenade at you but thankfully your 1 foot of front armour has saved you**. Jumping up into your MG turret you scan around for the enemy attacking you, but they have hidden themselves too well and you can't see anything but fog.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 06:31:07 pm »

Bump before I head to bed.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 07:10:06 pm »

"Damn this fog! We really should delay the assault until after it has cleared..."

I say we button up and wait for our Infantry to move forward and help support us. unless one of our platoon-mates was able to spot where the infantry was?

I didn't think the fog would be this thick, but it basically negates any sort of advantage we have with our big long range gun. A Pz III could get behind us very easily!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 07:54:04 pm »

Wait for the infantry

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 08:29:32 pm »

Show our dominance over the weak German troops by climbing out of our tanks and blindly charging them.
The resolve of one Soviet Soldier is worth three thousand KV-5s.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 08:34:55 am »

Code: [Select]
Ask for infantry support: 2
Get out and attack the enemy: 1

I'll give you guys a bit more time.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 09:16:31 pm »

Id rather have support
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2011, 04:38:54 am »

Support.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2011, 10:10:07 am »

"Can anyone see where they are?!" You shout to your crewmen, they simply look back at you in confusion. 'One more look,' you decide,  putting your head up and trying to spot the enemy again. Still, the thick fog and the tall grass obscures anything that might be there. You look around for your radio and grab it. Lifting it up to your face you start talking into it.

*Ksshh* "Commander, this is BTP, we need infantry support over here. The enemy are too well hidden for us! over!" *ksshh*

*Ksshh* "BTP, I am sending the company over now to help flush them out, over and out." *ksshh*

"Alright, everyone get away from any openings in the tank!" you shout at your crew and they all duck down, shielding themselves from any gunfire that may make it through the vision slits. A few bullets ricochet off of your hull and you hear another grenade clunk against your hull. BOOM! It explodes, rattling the behemoth of a tank.

Getting back up again to look through your cupola you spot the horde of Russians charging forwards towards you. You also notice that one of your allies is shooting at a building.

*Ksshh* "BTP 2, do you see the enemy?" *kssh* you ask them via the radio.

A voice, drowned out by the sound of machine gun fire, returns, *ksshh* "Yes, sir, we have spotted a small team dug in in that house. they appear to have fortified the house quite well from the inside. Permission to open fire with high explosive shells?" *ksshh*

Suddenly the choice presents itself to you, do you tell them to start knocking down the building (which could provide good cover for your troops later) or do you let the infantry go in?
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3