Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chair artifact...  (Read 2075 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Chair artifact...
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 02:03:19 pm »

I know it works for pumps, and I know it doesn't work for magma-swimming.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 02:08:04 pm »

...magma swimming?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 02:09:33 pm »

I tried to make a creature magma-proof in the arena by giving them a set of nether-cap armor with full coverage. Poor guy died anyway.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 02:16:13 pm »

Yes, I assumed that wouldn't work, for the same reason that dwarves in full steel will die in magma.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 03:25:33 pm »

another question: if you make nether cap bolts, do they freeze their opponents to death when they get embedded?
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 04:17:09 pm »

Depending on where exactly the menacing spikes are, it may be especially suited to nobles  ;D
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 06:36:53 pm »

I tried to make a creature magma-proof in the arena by giving them a set of nether-cap armor with full coverage. Poor guy died anyway.

You can completely cover someone in wood?

I never knew that. I kept being sure that you need a cloak for full protection, and never heard of wooden cloaks...

another question: if you make nether cap bolts, do they freeze their opponents to death when they get embedded?

I'm pretty sure most things have colddam points below 10000 Urist, too.

I'd use my Nether-caps for barrels.

Also, if it's a chair, you can put it places, right? That's an actually useful artifact, not some earring or crown...
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 08:12:35 pm »

Atom Smash the chair, mass produce wooden doors.  Apparently, any artifact that is removed, via macaque or other means (I had a crossbow stolen) is removed from the "l" list.

What. Since when was destroying artifacts a good idea. Serious question.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
LOSING IS FUN!

Tallefred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 08:23:33 pm »

Yes, I assumed that wouldn't work, for the same reason that dwarves in full steel will die in magma.

I've seen dwarves in steel armor walk through magma and survive. It might have been a fluke, but I've always assumed that it wasn't.

I suppose I could test this with a little race. Whoever wins gets to keep their feet. Go go go!
This is to make me recognizable.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 09:26:23 pm »

Atom Smash the chair, mass produce wooden doors.  Apparently, any artifact that is removed, via macaque or other means (I had a crossbow stolen) is removed from the "l" list.

What. Since when was destroying artifacts a good idea. Serious question.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strange. I thought that a !!giant cave spider silk sock!! that lasts forever is a great kobold thief repellent.

And even then, it can be worn and you forget about it. What's the problem?
Not to mention the chance of a legendary clothier or weaver.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 11:49:38 pm »

I've seen dwarves in steel armor walk through magma and survive. It might have been a fluke, but I've always assumed that it wasn't.

Magma isn't instant death, like it is in Minecraft.  Rather, magma adds heat to an object at some rate, and when that reaches the heat damage point, then damage and death occur.  I've seen one instance on the forums of goblins drowning in magma, since the drowning effect too place before the burning effect.  Also in real life, you'll often see trees that block magma flows.  A semi-common occurrence is for lava to wrap around a tree, heating and burning it away, but the tree is thick enough to absorb much of the heat, and the magma cools off, leaving tree-shaped holes in the cooled lava, or even an intact trunk.  Lava is certainly lethal, but I think many people assume it to be much hotter than it actually is.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 12:20:53 am »

Yeah, legendary carpenter.  Have him churn out beds.  That's the only good use for wood besides bolts from that one underground tree.
barrels?
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

akinzle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 12:28:20 pm »

Yeah, legendary carpenter.  Have him churn out beds.  That's the only good use for wood besides bolts from that one underground tree.
barrels?
bins?
endless bucket mandates (curse you Urist McBatshitInsaneDuke!)?
Pages: 1 [2]