Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Why 40d?  (Read 5697 times)

penco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why 40d?
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2011, 03:14:47 pm »

I am pretty indifferent. I just play the newest one because it's the newest one.

The best feature of the .31 series is the new underground stuff. The difficulty is ramped up a good bit, often due to bugs but mostly due to the implementation of more realistic and less overpowered game mechanics. I like a harder game, so that sits well with me.

---

The military screen is not hard to figure out. It took me maybe 20 minutes to master. The problem is that your idiot dwarves will half of the time not follow your orders. Good luck trying to train anything, especially archers. Your best bet is just to catch a bunch of wild animals and beat them with sticks for training.

I refuse to use danger rooms. That's about the stupidest, cheesiest thing ever to me.

---

The healthcare system is neat in theory but irrelevant in practice. The only time it matters at all is when you have a minor injury from a cave-in or a scuffle with a kobold. Otherwise, they just lay in bed forever, even if they are theoretically healing slowly.

---
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]