Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Reasonable Mayor?  (Read 1464 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reasonable Mayor?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 07:49:40 am »

He liked Rope Reed, Donkeys, Anvils and Shields.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 02:01:45 pm »

My favorite mayor is a werewolf.  She earned her way up from the arena where she killed a record 11 goblins and trolls, beating each and everyone to death with a large donkey leather dress (which belonged to one of the trolls). In the process she developed amazing social skills.  No demands, no troubles, just chained her up in the office when the liason wasn't trying to meet with her (for some reason she only used the captain of the guard's office).  Did all mayorly duties correctly-listened to complaints, met with liasons.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 02:04:17 pm »

Yeah in the LP I'm doing the mayor, Stinthad, is incredibly easy to please. I don't mind when she makes mandates because they are all so basic and easy to fufill. A good combination of prefering easy to produce items that aren't often exports.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 03:10:33 pm »

My fort has had a parade of Mayors - sometimes with a power-change twice a year! - but my very first mayor became a Baroness and now a Countess and she has sat in her office from day one forbidding me to export hoods, of all things.

She's my favorite noble.

Now if I could get one person to stay mayor for a reasonable length of time, so that I can stop frantically building completely random things on short notice...
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Inari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 07:58:06 pm »

Don't export bans only apply to the base material? If so, you can still stud things with green glass gems and export those.

Can anyone confirm whether this is true?  I'd like to be able to stud my export items with the silver that my mayor loves so much, but not if it gets my haulers incarcerated.

Also, is it safe to melt down items that were produced to meet production mandates?

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 08:50:02 pm »

Don't export bans only apply to the base material? If so, you can still stud things with green glass gems and export those.

Can anyone confirm whether this is true?  I'd like to be able to stud my export items with the silver that my mayor loves so much, but not if it gets my haulers incarcerated.

Also, is it safe to melt down items that were produced to meet production mandates?

I ca'n't confirm the studding, but yes, once the mandate is fulfilled what happens to the items you made is irrelevant*.

*Unless it's a masterpiece, obviously, and then the creator will flip out.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 08:54:13 pm »

Eh. I don't have problems with mayors. In general, I take some cheese maker who likes copper and wood, and I disable all his labors. He gets super social skills and he is elected as a mayor. If I get the wrong mayor, (thankfully they are nearly never useful dwarves, because these are working and not idling) he just goes to the lever, he pulls it and we give him a cute little slab in the graveyard. Its that simple.
Pages: 1 [2]