Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Salvation Prophecy [SciFi Shooter/RPG/Space Hybrid]  (Read 2578 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Salvation Prophecy [SciFi Shooter/RPG/Space Hybrid]
« on: February 01, 2011, 07:07:02 pm »

If you think I'm satisfied with the amount of games I'm watching - you're wrong.
Found this one on youtube, randomly, and then found it on SpaceSimCentral too..

This game features everything I've been looking for in a space game for a while.
In their own words, it is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, playing in space, landing and exploring planets and shooting the hell out of stuff both in foot and on a ship is cool, but everyone knows what I really care about, so:

Build planetary outposts
Construct space stations
Discover technology
Create an army
Conquer the galaxy

Did you ever see such awesomeness in a feature list? Probably, but pretend you don't.
The game's official site looks, and is, a bit outdated.
But I sent an email to the dev before posting here, since space games usually dies and their creators vanish.
The reply:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Media: Screenshots and a Video

I'm not sure I fully appreciate the graphics yet (the hud, actually) But anything that allows me to build, fly, land and walk around is instantly great.
Again, I hope you join me in the great quest of waiting for cool indie sci-fi games.
Ciao
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Salvation Prophecy [SciFi Shooter/RPG/Space Hybrid]
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 07:19:09 pm »

Neat. Looks like a spiffier version of Freelancer, from the in-space pictures.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this myself, methinks.

True.
I wish you can land on any planet and build anywhere, from the screens...I guess you can.
That's what I will do, until someone steps in my lawn. Then I will go pew pew and kill every faction in the game..including mine.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 07:39:38 pm »

This looks awesome, gonna be following.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 09:46:09 pm »

If this is the mount&blade of sci-fi, I'm all for it.  Except with a better developed 4x then m&b of course...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 07:32:22 am »

Necro time!

I see this game is on Gamersgate and after looking over it's website I am drooling. Has anyone played it?

edit for link: http://www.salvationprophecy.com/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:34:04 am by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 09:18:04 am »

I watched gameplay videos on YouTube the moment I saw it on GamersGate.

And so far the verdict is great idea, bad execution. The combat is so dull and the animation terrible.

Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 09:23:18 am »

I'm downloading it right now, will let you know what I think. Seems like it's something B12 might enjoy.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 09:48:45 am »

I have played the tutorial and the first 3 battle missions and the game is great! It's not AAA but it's miles beyond most Indie games in terms of polish as well as scope. There are a lot(not overwhelming) options and a variety of gameplay. It is most like an evolution of Space Rangers to me so far but instead of bad RTS battles on planets you get FPS assaults with decent AI teamates.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 02:44:18 pm »

I notice this just came out on desura:  http://www.desura.com/games/salvation-prophecy

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 03:16:16 pm »

Hey there everyone, Alexander Poysky here. I'm now representing Salvation Prophecy to an extent, so let me be the first to thank you all for your support and participation in the giveaway! I'll make sure to let Sean know that he has a post here and see about having him pop in from time to time!

Poysky Productions

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 04:10:06 pm »

Yay, topic that I can talk about the cool game I won!

So far, I'm amazing at planetary invasion and lousy at space combat.  I'm playing the machines partially because they're awesome but mostly because the game is a tad too powerful for my system, which means everything goes too fast for me even as the machines, so might as well grab the extra armor and damage dealing.

I've found the Wyr to be the most irritating to fight because of their turrets and possible duplication (it's hard to confirm if they're using the duplication).  In theory, that means you're likely to face three times as many foes when fighting Wyr than anyone else.  On the bright side, their melee is lousy, so just charge in and slice 'em up!

The Salvation are only hard to fight if you forget that their precious shields can't protect them against melee.  So slice and dice your way to victory against them!  It helps that their ranged weapons suck, so those shots you'll take closing the range don't hurt that much.

The Free Colonies have one major weakness: They can't run and gun.  Considering my love of the claw, it's not the sort of thing I really notice when fighting against them (it's all melee when I can help it), but a major deterent to selecting them.

I know the various factions have different spaceships, but I'm wondering if they handle differently.  It might even be worth playing someone other than my beloved drones if other faction's spaceships handle differently.

Just to give some objectivity, I'll mention that Machines don't dodge.  They got the armor to tank, but you're gonna get hit, even if you can run and gun.  I think they really excel in melee, but then again, of course the giant war machines with steel claws excel in melee.

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 04:32:49 pm »

I'm really liking the Wyr. Taking out a wave of Free Colonies troops with myself, one other survivor from the invasion force, and ample turrets and thrown explosives feels pretty epic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 04:34:09 pm »

The Free Colonies have one major weakness: They can't run and gun.

That is all I needed to hear about the game.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 10:35:51 am »

Totally forgot why I originally posted here, but yea... looking at it again, reaffirming my original post, looks like the space version of Mount & Blade... which is a really good thing.

EDIT: Its out isn't it?  I just bought a bunch of other games and am playing through em now... damnit, not enough time in the world sometimes...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:39:31 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 01:09:29 pm »

Yeah, I think it's out.

I can understand the comparison to Mount & Blade, but it's far more mission-based, and you don't need to learn how to fight from horseback.  There is no economy.
Pages: [1] 2