Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Temple of Armok Decor (40d)  (Read 1177 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Temple of Armok Decor (40d)
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 05:11:57 pm »

Oh, right, and put a grate over where the "pool" is, just so nobody falls into the pit, although such a thing is unlikely, anyway.  (Not as necessary post-40d, as you have to make ramps in pits, anyway.)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 08:16:50 pm »

Yeah. I have a warren of store rooms in the back for prisoners, statues, artifacts and bins of exceptional crap, and my philosopher. He'll be the priest.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 10:54:39 pm »

Lining it with a stockpile, minus the bins, for totems created from his enemies, would be a nice decorative touch. With this visual, plus the occasional scream of a victim getting magmaized, should make him happy.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 04:49:47 pm »

I'm putting all my building artifacts in a room way in the back corner. What should I do with catacombs? I'm thinking assigning goblins to chains surrounded by a single iron spear on each tile, and then occasionally pulling it, then letting them heal, then repeating. I can't chain humans or el... I need to start more wars.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 05:32:15 pm »

You could build a dome over the temple, about 15-20 z-levels high. In the center of the roof, leave a hole.
Down below, in the center of the temple, make an altar, on which you can drop creatures from the hole in the dome, to sacrifice them to Armok in a splatter of limbs.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 06:04:07 pm »

I centres on a raised dias for dumping prisoners into magma. I'm thinking a clear glass dome on the top, though.
Pages: 1 [2]