Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legacy Weapons  (Read 1173 times)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Legacy Weapons
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:52:51 pm »

I remembered one time last summer when I was bored I killed half the sentient population of a world with one great axe by reclaiming the axe each time an adventurer met their untimely end.

Spoiler: the axe in question (click to show/hide)

I'm wondering if anyone else carried over weapons to other adventurers in a chain of carnage wreaked by a single legendary weapon. And what their record of reclaims and kills was. I can't have been the only one who's done this.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Weapons
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 05:57:40 pm »

I've actually never tried doing that, but I'm sure someone has done this before.
Also, 8,000 kills? How many adventurers have you passed this thing on to?
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 06:02:13 pm »

Three I think.
I can't quite remember, I think the current one has a collapsed lung from fighting a FB. I must have been pretty careful about dying back then.

Caevin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 12:26:25 am »

Wow, Robocorn you inspire me. I have only about 100 notable kills with my -bronze scimitar- but I shall try and sow destruction across the world! That is a record that shall be fun to try and beat.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 12:33:52 am »

If I did this I would probably get killed in an ambush somewhere outside of a site and never find the damn weapons again (hell, do the weapons actually even continue to exist when that happens?)

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 12:08:26 pm »

Well I'm inspired...

Caevin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 12:30:27 am »

Wait, Robocorn, I am curious: How did you retrieve the axe back after an adventurer suffered an unfortunate death?

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 12:41:27 am »

Wait, Robocorn, I am curious: How did you retrieve the axe back after an adventurer suffered an unfortunate death?

If the adventure was killed in a site, it should be somewhere in the same travel map square and in a lair should be in the exact same spot.

If you were just somewhere like in the wild, tough shit.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 08:02:26 am »

Yeah, like Knigel said. I think both times I died it was in the middle of a human city or goblin tower.
The challenge was just traveling back halfway across the world to whatever civilization killed me and doing a scavenger hunt for all of my weapons and armor which were now scattered around the town.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 12:27:56 pm »

Was that the description from viewing in adventure mode? Cause I cannot find anything like that in the legends screen.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 07:15:34 pm »

Was that the description from viewing in adventure mode? Cause I cannot find anything like that in the legends screen.

Yes.