Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I like drawing [Sucky MSpaint] DF comics.  (Read 2205 times)

Khekhire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: I like drawing [Sucky MSpaint] DF comics.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 04:05:36 pm »

No, no, it's your art.  I don't mean to tell you what to do.

It was a failed attempt at humor, that's all!

Keep up the good work!

Jingles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 05:15:51 pm »

My protohusband and I joke about how dwarves will neatly bring out and stack trade bins, then after you agree to trade away all the contents, they dump out all the bins on the ground and take them back inside. Makes for some very confused elves I reckon.
Hehe I never really thought of it before that is really funny. 

"Here's your stuff elf."  DUMP

Spork The Slightly Insane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McWrestler cancels attack: sent into orbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 01:37:56 am »

I've got one:
Dorfs embark in a mirthful biome. Unicorns and shit are frolicking in the flowers etc. Within a few years, the beautiful fields have been transformed into a barren, rocky wasteland, devoid of all life save that of the Dorfs inside the fortress.

Hungry Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 02:32:29 am »

I've got one:
Dorfs embark in a mirthful biome. Unicorns and shit are frolicking in the flowers etc. Within a few years, the beautiful fields have been transformed into a barren, rocky wasteland, devoid of all life save that of the Dorfs inside the fortress.

A barren rocky wasteland with MAGMA. Let's not forget MAGMA.

Now speaking of this, I did a small conception mistake breaching the lava pipe in my last fortress. HAlf of the open space in the map is flowed by magma now...
That's beautiful...

Spork The Slightly Insane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McWrestler cancels attack: sent into orbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 01:23:33 pm »

I've got one:

A barren rocky wasteland with MAGMA. Let's not forget MAGMA.

I thought that was implied when the dorfs showed up  :P

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 01:52:14 pm »

Or are beards such an intrinsic part of dwarf anatomy that they are simply "implied?"
I guess, same as the hair on their heads plus their noses and ears and any limbs they're not currently using.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
  • KojaK cancels job: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 03:04:12 pm »

Or are beards such an intrinsic part of dwarf anatomy that they are simply "implied?"
I guess, same as the hair on their heads plus their noses and ears and any limbs they're not currently using.

I have not laughed this hard in quite some time.

I've seen awesome df art... and this comes full circle back the other way and plants itself neatly in that category.
Quote from: Airpi
A normal ballista does damage by piercing with overlarge arrows, a dwarven ballista does damage by crushing with entire trees.

They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.
Pages: 1 [2]