Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I like drawing [Sucky MSpaint] DF comics.  (Read 2203 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I like drawing [Sucky MSpaint] DF comics.
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:40:31 pm »

I don't have many ideas.
Anyone?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like drawing [Sucky MSpaint] DF comics.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 04:46:36 pm »

Yes.

A dwarf caravan has come to reclaim an old fort as their own. They step on the entrance bridge, activating hidden pressure plates. Before they can get inside, a twenty level high magma-fall comes and drowns/incinerates them from the tippity-top of the old fortress.

Also: if you want to marginally improve your art from MS Paint-level, I recommend the highly accessible and also free Paint.NET. It has a familiar interface for MS Paint users. Or, if you're willing to learn, there's a free Photoshop-like program called GIMP, which is actually pretty awesome (I use it for all my art).

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 04:50:30 pm »

Those are both pretty awesome, I second that recommendation.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:09:42 pm »

Here, More or less.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 08:26:14 pm »

I would have ended it with "Oh Carp!" instead of just "!", but I like it anyway.  Well done! :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 08:30:22 pm »

I would have ended it with "Oh Carp!" instead of just "!", but I like it anyway.  Well done! :D

I was gonna end in something like "We should have reclaimed SparkleHuggle!"

But, yeah.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 08:33:25 pm »

I was gonna end in something like "We should have reclaimed SparkleHuggle!"

But, yeah.
That would have worked too. :)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 08:39:14 pm »

My protohusband and I joke about how dwarves will neatly bring out and stack trade bins, then after you agree to trade away all the contents, they dump out all the bins on the ground and take them back inside. Makes for some very confused elves I reckon.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 10:51:17 pm »

I second Paint.NET (I use it quite a bit over on GiTP).

For ideas, just read a few other threads in the forums.  For example "Combat effectiveness of cave spider silk socks", I mean that is screaming "draw me!!!!".

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 11:27:27 pm »

Or the one where a dwarf is sparring with two others while dual-wielding picks
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 10:28:48 pm »

A dwarf just breaching a cavern wall, with a giant eyeball staring at him, from other side. Title it "An Oopsy"
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 07:32:10 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the floating eye one.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 02:57:40 pm »

A bunch of dwarves chasing a caravan's supplies claiming it was for the new hospital?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Khekhire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 03:35:58 pm »

I don't think the awesomeness of these engravings can be overstated.  I especially love the poor digging goober, whose expression I think beautifully expresses what slavering, lunatic, morons the little blighters are.  In fact, I hereby request permission to use him as my avatar.

One question though: the pictures claim to be of dwarves, but all I see are wretched, unfortunate, and most importantly, beardless creatures.  Or are beards such an intrinsic part of dwarf anatomy that they are simply "implied?"

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 03:55:43 pm »

Eeh, I'm not a stickler for detail. But I can start drawing breads if its good with you.
Pages: [1] 2