Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Via Galactica  (Read 20297 times)

orangetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Via Galactica
Re: Via Galactica
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2012, 01:50:28 pm »

Thanks for those ideas, utlirg. Always good to have new thoughts on the game. Sometimes I chew them over for a long time before they actually make it into the game but please be assured I consider every idea I get whether on forums like this or by email.

I should report that I just updated the Extras package. Parts of the Help documentation were missing, such as an explanation as to how those Manufacturing Units work. Apologies to all those who asked about this. Download the updated version below:

http://viagalactica.atspace.com/extras.html

Please note that if you do reinstall Extras you may need to enter your Extras password again.

Enjoy...

orangetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Via Galactica
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2012, 05:54:12 am »

Topic-watchers may wish to be aware that I have just issued a new version of Via Galactica, version 1.7.1. Below I've pasted the changes it includes. You can get the new version from my website, http://viagalactica.atspace.com

What's new in version 1.7.1? (Released 4 June 2012)

This version makes a number of amendments to version 1.6.7. Game files saved in versions 1.6.1 to 1.6.7 can be used by this new version, and game files saved by version 1.7.1 can be used by versions 1.6.5 to 1.6.7 of the program.

Amended ship size calculation formulae to reduce duplication between classes and introduce new handy sizes of 25 and 50 hold spaces in the Ship Yard.

Added Equipment Options dialog box and moved 'group identical options' checkbox from Equipment dialog box into that. Includes option to automatically replace used or destroyed equipment; the option to allow more than one of the same equipment type to be specified for purchase or disposal; and the option to specify how the program should handle the assembly of multipart objects.

Altered pirate abundance so that starting system and its neighbouring systems do not have any pirates - to allow easy start to game.

Added new Shields; an Intermediate Shield (the old Advanced Shield) and a new  Advanced Shield with double the power of the Intermediate Shield - so the same power as the Military Shield.

Added new Weapons: Self-Targeting Laser now comes in Basic and Advanced varieties which match the power and size of the standard laser varieties.

Added confirmation dialog when purchasing illegal Equipment

Added Alliance flag graphics to header bar and welcome bar

Changed in-flight trader routine so that it now allows the purchase of anything the trader has, and in any order

Added text to Buy dialog box when Cargo Concealment Unit (CCU) is held which shows how many CCU spaces are already in use. Added 'Cash available' text to bottom of Buy dialog box.

All Auto Trader functions now cap purchase (and recommendations) of Illegal Cargo at the CCU level if CCU is held (with thanks to David Archer for the idea).

The Plunder dialog box 'Recommend' button which is available when holding an Auto Trader now provides a detailed message about which cargos are being recommended.

In a change of policy from previous versions, Auto Traders now do not recommend that you plunder valuable cargo if it isn't traded at the immediate destination - that is, it assumes a quick sale is better than a valuable sale.

Reprogrammed parts of Equipment dialog box to deliver speed improvements.

Reprogrammed Auto Trader profit calculation routine to deliver speed improvements and remove 200-cargo limit on Auto Trader recommendations.

Replaced 'Reset' button in New Game Settings with 'Presets' button which allows a skills profile to be selected from a sub-dialog box.

Fixed error in game loading routine which didn''t save or load certain strings starting with numbers correctly, causing corruptions to equipment names in older files (with thanks to Alex Fowler for reporting)

Fixed error in version 1.6.7 (only) whereby Ship Yard dialog box displayed wrong number of MLs of fuel held (eg 15ML for 15 parsecs) (thanks to David Archer for reporting)

Updated main help file to clarify that the effect of shields and weapons is in general cumulative. (thanks to David Archer for requesting the clarification)

Fixed error which wrongly reported the unit cost of cargo purchases in Messages in certain circumstances.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2012, 09:24:49 am »

Altered pirate abundance so that starting system and its neighbouring systems do not have any pirates - to allow easy start to game.
Thank you! It's horrible to start the game off completely surrounded.
Hello Hunam

orangetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Via Galactica
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2012, 07:21:10 am »

Version 1.7.1 which I issued last week contains a serious error. Ooops. More speed less haste! So today I have issued a further update, numbered 1.7.2; anyone who has downloaded 1.7.1 in the last week is advised to take the new update. Versions prior to 1.7.1 are not affected.

As usual, it's available at http://viagalactica.atspace.com

Sorry for any inconvenience.

orangetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Via Galactica
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2012, 09:29:25 am »

For those Via Galactica users subscribing to Extras, I just updated the Extras package with new documentation covering the additional Extras (such as new ships) available with version 1.7.2 of the main program; download the updated version (360K) below:

http://viagalactica.atspace.com/extras.html

Please note that if you do reinstall Extras you may need to enter your Extras password again.

Enjoy...

orangetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Via Galactica
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2013, 02:46:08 pm »

Version 1.7.3 just released! (January 2013)

Get it at http://viagalactica.atspace.com

Enjoy...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2013, 04:59:20 pm »

cool hats, whats new?

orangetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Via Galactica
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2013, 05:12:51 pm »

It's a general tidy up, but in particular I've fixed some trading issues, including a problem with the Auto Trader profit calculation which didn't calculate or display 2-way profits correctly, I've added a 'Recommended System' command to Chart Menu - this requires an Auto Trader device to be carried on board, added some extra fields to the Sell Cargo box which show precise levels of profit on the sale (before Taxation), and a variety of other minor bug fixes and presentational improvements. If you use the Auto Trade device at all, the upgrade is worth having.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2013, 05:59:10 pm »

cool, it would be nice to get something like a changelog so we can see all the work thats been done and changed.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2013, 06:00:20 pm »

Did anyone ever figure out what was causing that Index 0 runtime error?

I thought I'd try to install the latest version to see if it would work but no joy

Installed the most recent version to c:\Via Galactica
Ran as Administrator
Tried every compatability option

But still get the same "Runtime error: index: 0 is outside of collection bounds" message on start up

Here's my error log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2013, 06:19:53 pm »

man it has something to do with .Net framework but i have never been able to find the damn culprit.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2013, 06:24:11 pm »

So does this game not work properly on Windows 7, then?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2013, 06:28:56 pm »

So does this game not work properly on Windows 7, then?
its a hit and miss situation and depends on how .net was setup on your computer. I mean it does not work on my laptop but the game works on the desktop O_o both the same OS

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2013, 10:26:40 pm »

I think the .net installation on my computer is screwy anyway.

Which version of .net is it based on?

orangetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Via Galactica
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2013, 01:09:36 pm »

Via Galactica is based on .NET Framework 1.1.

I confess this particular error has got me baffled too; I *think* it is something to do with a badly defined or absent array declaration, but I cannot reproduce it so I'm not sure my programming is the problem!

Zombat, if you can email me the error log I can take a look: orangetreesoftware@yahoo.co.uk

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8