Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Via Galactica  (Read 20312 times)

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Via Galactica
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2011, 09:43:31 pm »

One thing that would be convenient would be an option to automatically allow inspections and ignore police encounters when you're not carrying anything illegal (same way you can auto ignore merchants), so you wouldn't be clicking through 50 police ships when doing a standard legal trading run.

Traveling between planets is the most exhausting and boring thing in the world. Repeat flee from pirates, submit-continue for police, and continue for merchants --> repeat. Being able to set standard responses for encounters would be SO handy. Why bring up the encounters menus at all? Just pre-roll my encounters for me and tell me what happened when I get to the next planet. It's not like my input is meaningful or likely to change between encounters.

orangetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Via Galactica
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2011, 05:30:23 pm »

Virroken, you can set the game up so that at least for merchants you don't have to bother with them if you don't want to encounter them. In the Game Settings box, tick all of the options under "ignore these ships if safe". This will ensure that you only encounter ships when they are interested in you, and not vice versa.

That said, a lot of people have asked me for an option to enable the player to bypass police ships if he's not carrying anything illegal. I'll see what I can do.  :)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2011, 04:18:51 pm »

http://viagalactica.atspace.com/

New patch from the creator!!!! I'll add this to the first post for any newcomers. And say thanks to the creatorguy!

Thanks guy.

orangetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Via Galactica
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2011, 04:22:53 pm »

You're welcome. Let me know what you think. I can't claim this is a major revamp but there are one or two new things that might make the game a bit more predictable. In particular, there's less random loss in the very early stages of the game and there are new options in the Game Settings box to speed up certain encounters.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2011, 04:45:01 pm »

I don't seem to be dying as much.

Also, I see you added smuggling compartments! yay!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

orangetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Via Galactica
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2011, 05:36:48 pm »

Yes, that's right - the new Cargo Concealment Unit is good for three hold spaces of otherwise illegal cargo in the small version, and ten in the large version. Enjoy...

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2011, 06:15:39 pm »

It's really helpful. Nice sneaking by police.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2011, 06:41:29 pm »

Drug smuggling ftw.

orangetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Via Galactica
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2011, 04:01:50 am »

I've now added a plug-in pack for Via Galactica fans - Via Galactica Extras! Key features of Extras are:

Extra cargos - up to fifteen cargos including some new illegal cargos such as liquor and slaves.
Extra systems - up to 85% more systems, with a new limit of 361 systems for 'difficult games'. You can choose the size of galaxy you want.
Extra equipment and objects which you can use to enhance your adventures, plus the ability to change the properties of certain pieces of equipment to customise them to your requirements.
Extra financial options such as customisable insurance and share certificates.
The ability to buy whole systems and benefit from the tax income they generate.
The ability to affiliate to an alliance and receive membership benefits such as fee waivers and repair discounts.
A Route Finder function which helps you plot the quickest and shortest course around the galaxy.
A Graph facility which enables you to see how your riches have mounted up over the course of your game.
A range of other customisation options, including the ability to tailor other features of the galaxy.

It's available (for a small donation of $5 of more via Paypal) at:

http://viagalactica.atspace.com/extras.html

Note that you need version 1.6.4 or later to be able to run Extras.

Enjoy!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2011, 11:22:45 am »

Cool Orange, oh and im still getting that stupid error still and i made my install in my desktop. >_>

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2011, 07:54:12 pm »

Yeah I'll definatley get into this once it works for 64x

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2011, 08:49:46 pm »

Oh, this thing. I was playing it without telling everyone for a year now. It's pretty good.
Hello Hunam

orangetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Via Galactica
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2011, 12:02:34 pm »

Tellemurius, buckets - sorry that you are still having problems with compatibility. I think you are both running Windows 7. The only two fixes I am aware of are as follows:

1. Install the game somewhere other than the C:/Program Files folder (tellemurius, I think you tried this already and it didn't work)
2. Run the game as the Administrator user.

If neither of these work, I'd be very grateful to be sent screenshots of what actually occurs (some users report that they receive the Windows error "a non-continuable protection violation has occurred") and the files data.vgf and error.log in the program folder - to my email orangetreesoftware@yahoo.co.uk and I will see if I can sort it out.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2011, 11:31:33 am »

When I look at the website, I sometimes wish there was a 'patch notes' section, just to see what changed since last I played.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2011, 07:50:24 am »

Oh so it's working for 64x win7, so worth the wait.

Thanks Orange!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8