Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Question  (Read 659 times)

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Question
« on: January 30, 2011, 08:31:53 pm »

How can I train someone in swimming who has absolutely no swimming skill. Is it possible? You see because for some reason I always have to start in a human town I end up on the only island with humans, it's not that tiny, but I'm running out of bandits to slaughter, and that's hardly good times. Should I maybe just try to create my own dungeons in Fortress modes, abandon them, and wait until they're filled with nasty things? Or create a new character with high swimming skills and wait to train up when I arrive at the mainland? Any help is appreciated.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: A Question
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:53:04 am »

you must find water with 3-4 depth. this will train up your skill without risk of drowning.

Once you are at least novice swimmer you can swim in 7/7 water (but you'll still start drowning if you fall into the water instead of moving carefully with alt; this stop happening once you're adequate)

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 08:58:45 am »

Deons genesis mod has a swiming pool , but only the army can train there, anyways to make a swiming pool it should have a ramp to get out of the pool , that should help... but don't make it deep
Desu

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 03:36:08 pm »

I did it once, use the shores of an ocean. Go down a ramp, make a few step, climb up the ramp, rinse repeat.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.