Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Engineer Squad RTD! (Turn 6)  (Read 5671 times)

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Engineer Squad RTD! (Turn 6)
« on: January 30, 2011, 06:38:33 pm »

Time has passed in the world of Dwarf Fortress. It's now the year 3200 (roughly comparable to 1950 in the real world) , and the dwarves have moved above
ground in massive cities.

The ruins of the major dwarven fortresses are now full of machinery, wires, resevoirs to support the world above.
Dwarves now only have the low-light vision of humans, as dwarves have not lived underground for ten generations. Only a few of the bravest dwarves will
go underground to maintain the machines. You are one of those dwarves.

This RTD is loosely modelled after the excellent Insomnicorp repair yards (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73268.0)
This RTD will be using 2D6 instead of 1D6. 1 is disasterous failure. 12 is diasterous success.

Like my truck driving RTD game, you queue up to  5 activities, where it makes sense to do so. For example , first turn may be
"Get my tools from tool room, go underground, find vermin, kill vermin, host party at saguaro table". If I have to , I will cancel some activities and
stretch out to other activities.

Day 1, 0700

Location : Lashedcilob Brothers Engineering and Maintenance Office, Isonrovod
Elevation : 800' (ground level)

Items Here : Conference room table (saguaro wood), 4 chairs, coffee machine, sign in sheet, pile of work orders

Connected rooms : Bathroom, lockers, tool room , machine shop, ladder to underground.

Urist Kolrath is a dwarf's dwarf. He is older than the hills. He has a white beard down to his ample gut and wears faded blue overalls stained with
grease. He speaks in a typical gruff tone.

"Damn ye bastards, ya got get down below again. The nobles are complainin' their water is too cold in Stogeplace Apartments, and we can't figger out why
the damn backup turbine keeps kickin' out. There's somethin' else, about wires shortin' out to the screw pump, but that one ain't got a pile of Armok's

crap for priority right now."

Your crew is issued 3 work orders.

Now, put yer name on the page, get down there, and fix something!

Character Creation:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Work Orders

Spoiler: "121423" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "45789" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "117404" (click to show/hide)

Player limit is set at 4.

Waiting List :
Dwarmin
Simmura McCrea
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:06:03 pm by Mullet Master »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Engineer Squad RTD!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 06:40:34 pm »

Name: Darvi Lammor (yeah, same name like in the other RTD, but whatever)
Job: Mechanic
Description: A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.

Also, there is a "Move topic" button

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:45:23 pm »

Name: Urist McMiner Man
Job : Miner

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 09:01:03 pm »

Urist McGodisgood
kicked out for prostlytizing; now guard: 

I'll go wit' Darv --If 'tis alright wit' yew.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 09:07:12 pm »

Urist McBlooddeath
Legendary Cheese Maker
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 09:24:42 pm »

Alright, we have players.

Make your first turn actions!

It is recommended you at least choose a work order, and get your tools. A simple "travel to site for workorder xxxxx" will get you there.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 09:29:06 pm »

Sign in, get tools, travel to site for work order 121423, and make a cheese replica of the plans.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:33:10 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 09:37:28 pm »

Get work order 121423, get tools, then head to site with  Blooddeath

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 09:39:42 pm »

Urist arms himself with whichever items are available/he has trained with and whatever most appropriate armor he can use/find.  Then he follows Darvi to whichever workorder he chooses; furtively glancing around lest something harmful is there.  (if Darvi doesn't choose in time, he'll go with any non-urists that sign up [for less confusion] or whichever Urist tells him to give a hand.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 09:47:43 pm »

- In these threads, I will always put everyones turn on the same post, whether I notice before or after I make it. I will try to work on the formatting some in the next couple of days, as I am still undecided about things. -

Day 1: 1200
Elevation : 720 (80 ft below ground level)

Get tools, travel to site for work order 121423, and make a cheese replica of the plans.

Urist McBlooddeath
right hand/arm - burns, received electric shock recently
Inventory : Two plastic spoons

After the great cheese market crash of a year or so ago, you've been unemployed. After staying on unemployment for a year, you were forced by a noble to get a job so you were forced into maintenance. Barely getting to work on time, you skip the orientation, grab a work order, and head to the tool room.

Get tools -|2| : You are a legendary cheesemaker. All you need is a pot, a spoon, and some raw ingredients. You take a spoiled carton of milk, two plastic spoons, and a broken electric tea kettle from the stockroom.

Travel to site |11| : You start climbing downstairs on an almost endless ladder. You have no real idea of where you are going, but nonetheless when the ladder ends you start walking in the exact right direction. After walking through dank caverns filled with machinery for over an hour, you come to a row of four boilers. Painted on the side of one is the number 407. By the beard of Armok, you're going to be good at this! You see a mass of piping, valves, and other stuff on the wall near you. It resembles a plate of spaghetti stuck to the wall.

Make cheese replica of the plans |2| : You pull out the tea kettle, dump in the spoiled milk. This occasion deserves a commemorative cheese statue! You desperately look around for a place to plug it in, blissfully unaware of it's deficiencies. Apparently, a heating element inside has come in contact with the metal wall of the kettle. You receive a nasty electric shock and stumble backwards unto the hot surface of a nearby boiler. Yeouch! Luckily you have people with you to pull you off the boiler before you get cooked alive.

Urist McGodisgood
right hand - severe burns, bandaged
Inventory : hammer handle (club), useless foods 2.5 kg

Urist arms himself with whichever items are available/he has trained with and whatever most appropriate armor he can use/find.  Then he follows Darvi to whichever workorder he chooses; furtively glancing around lest something harmful is there.  (if Darvi doesn't choose in time, he'll go with any non-urists that sign up [for less confusion] or whichever Urist tells him to give a hand.

Unfortunately, in the modern world there are too few things to kill. Guards are mostly employed elsewhere, and now you've been "drafted" into civilian life. You report for work on time, take the work order, and head for the tool room.

Get equipment |1| : You pickup four bags of plump helmet spawn, three lungfish remains, and as you suit up to leave, you try to "borrow" a drain cleaning spike from a large dwarf who has just welded it back up. He reaches back to punch you, but you've already hit the floor from pain as you grabbed a the spike while it was still hot. Your right hand is worthless. Urist (the boss) wraps your hand up in a handkerchief and sends you on your way with a hammer handle that will double as a club.
Travel to site |6| : You follow McBlooddeath to the site. He must have worked here a long time to know how to get there that quickly!

Urist McMiner Man
Inventory : pickaxe, blasting powder, head lamp, lunch
Quote from: adwarf
Get work order 121423, get tools, then head to site with  Blooddeath

You've been working in maintenance for a while. It's been mostly a safe job - you've only experienced a cave in once or twice, and have always been able to dig yourself out. One time you saw a slugman and were in a foul mood for a week. You suspect this is going to be a pretty crappy job, but you go ahead and grab the work order and head to the tool room.

Get tools |11| : You have a locker, with your name on it as you've been working for over 30 days, so this is an easy task. You grab a pickaxe, a calcium carbide head lamp, and a keg of blasting powder. You even remember your lunch of kitten biscuits!
Go to site |10| : You follow everyone else to the site. How come the new guy knows where this place is? You suspect him of being a 'plant' by upper management!

Darvi Lammor
Inventory : Mechanics tool box

Examine Schematics : |5| (+1 bonus, this is your job) =  |6|.

You sit down at the table and really try to go over the schematics given to you. They look like they were drawn by a novice! You scoff and scratch your beard thoughtfully. About an hour later, you redraw what you understand of the schematics on a napkin.

'                                       +-----X1----- TO APARTMENTS
|BOILER| -------------------|-----X2----- TO SEWAGE (FOR CLEANOUT PURPOSES)
' 100 PSI, HOT"                   |-----X3----- DRAIN (TO ?)
'                                       |-----X4----- ?
'
X= VALVE (X1 is "valve 1")
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:15:16 pm by Mullet Master »

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 09:52:43 pm »

Did you miss adwarf's command?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 09:53:33 pm »

Oh ya I think he did just noticed

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 08:29:02 am »

He didn't wait for me though.

>Grab schematics and examine boiler 407

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 07:05:59 pm »

He didn't wait for me though.

>Grab schematics and examine boiler 407

Please don't interpret this as rudeness. I wanted to get a turn in as quickly as possible so everyone got an idea of how the game was going to flow, and whether they wanted to continue. I am updating the above post with your turn.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 07:06:47 pm »

K. Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4