Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A fitting accident  (Read 1231 times)

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A fitting accident
« on: January 30, 2011, 09:46:57 am »

I had a mayor who loves crystal glass. So much that he mandates them all the time. Unfortunatly I don't have the resources to make it - so he gets angry.

I've just replaced him, but I want to make an example from him, and stage a little 'accident'. However, in the interests of irony, I want to make it fitting. I don't have any crystal glass, but I do have a very active glassmaking industry.

Any suggests about an accident involving glass or glassmaking? The more creative the better.
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: A fitting accident
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 09:54:22 am »

Glass traps!
Desu

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 10:03:26 am »

Lock him in a room with glass menacing spikes linked to a repeater.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:12:55 am »

Also get him involved in the production of said Spikes "there have your glass, sucker!"
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 10:23:57 am »

Encase him in obsidian, it's a type of volcanic glass. And it involves magma!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 10:37:39 am »

Encase him in obsidian, it's a type of volcanic glass. And it involves magma!

Ehrm . magma and water!
Desu

anqxyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Google Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 11:02:53 am »

AFAIK, crystal glass bugged right now and you can't make it anyway. Make some clear glass blocks instead. Build this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everything out of glass blocks. Make him build last piece of wall. From the inside. Watch as he slowly starve to death alone with the glass he wanted so badly.
The forgotten beast Namicamela has come.  It is a colossal fluffy wambler.  It has thick, soft fur and undulates adorably.  Beware its awwwwww, aren't you a fuzzy widdle guy.
In software development, the first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90%.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 12:53:29 pm »

Actually, if it's glass, there's a very simple way to arrange an accident.  Just set up a window so that the noble and some critter can see each other.  The nastier, the better.  This will cause the noble to run away in a panic, into any sort of Fun.

In fact, if you can get a Building Destroyer critter, it will bust through the window to get to the noble. 

You could, for example, capture a Giant Cave Spider, and then have a "private demonstration" of the new web-farming facility where the noble is given his own private glass box with which he can view the Giant Cave Spider in action for his own pleasure.  Make sure it has an airlock system of drawbridges to get there so common riffraff can't enjoy his luxurious glass box with him.

Any other critter on this page works, too.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Tokkius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 01:07:09 pm »

Really wish there were a way to give dwarves phobias.

morgoththegreat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 01:25:28 pm »

Can't you just mod a smelter reaction to make crystal glass? Not being able to make it is a bug, so you wouldn't have to feel guilty about it or anything.