Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best time for a dwarf to throw a party  (Read 1156 times)

Dreggon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Best time for a dwarf to throw a party
« on: January 30, 2011, 06:17:39 am »

I'm having trouble deciding between a HFS invasion and a tantrum spiral/lack of (food/booze), but I'm sure I've missed some.

Perhaps during a magma flood...

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
Re: Best time for a dwarf to throw a party
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 08:58:27 am »

Mechanics starting a party right before setting up a trap in a hidden entrance I missed when planning defense. A dragon flew in. A considerably buffed, winged dragon.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:00:04 am by SlimyMarmot »

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 11:35:22 am »

Hard choice , hard choice , oh i Know! While you try to get food and booze for yer fortress , party with nothing , yay!
Seriously all will die because of that little chump parting , thats why you need to keep yer dorfs busy all the time , no friends >:3 just aquintances
Desu

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 11:53:19 am »

What is this "party" thing I keep hearing of?  It sounds like something that happens to people who are foolish enough to designate meeting zones around a piece of furniture instead of just picking a random bit of grass somewhere as an area people can hang out in.  Really, you've only yourself to blame if you do something that fate-tempting.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 12:02:21 pm by SkyRender »
Sanity is for the weak.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 03:01:28 pm »

Right after my entire military gets wailed on by a poorly-handled ambush.  7 wounded soldiers lying in bed while three (not one, not even two) THREE doctors attend party.  Perhaps if I had noticed this sooner, I could have disbanded it, and wouldn't have them die of infection and cause a tantrum spiral.

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
  • Topics normally misunderstood. Dabbling worder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 03:05:04 pm »

What is this "party" thing I keep hearing of?  It sounds like something that happens to people who are foolish enough to designate meeting zones around a piece of furniture instead of just picking a random bit of grass somewhere as an area people can hang out in.  Really, you've only yourself to blame if you do something that fate-tempting.

Foolishness?!! No! Dwarven happiness comes before Dwarven lives. Every player knows this!
"A stupid is, a stupid dies." -Tribes 2

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 03:07:02 pm »

If your fort is decorated with masterwork coffins, then you're not killing enough.