Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plans: Goblin Deathrun!  (Read 528 times)

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Plans: Goblin Deathrun!
« on: January 30, 2011, 02:45:40 am »

I plan to deck out this hall way with only stonefall traps, Beacuse it will kill them slower...

Maybe I should add a few lines of weapon traps here and there... And if any goblin scum makes it out they get the honour of meeting my wardogs...

Is this a good plan?, Or should I add Other things aswell?
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Plans: Goblin Deathrun!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 02:51:49 am »

If you get enough goblins at a time, they'll eventually soak up all the rockfalls and get through. I'd recommend a ☼large, serrated steel disc☼ x10 weapon trap at each of those choke points.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 02:53:24 am »

See I plan to replenish it before lettign the next contestents through, But this arises another problem how will I deal with there corpses?
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 02:54:47 am »

There is ALWAYS room for Other Things.  Specifically, if these things involve meta-traps.  That is, traps that are not single-tile constructs.  Traps like, pressure plates that pop open hatches and let water flow out, just a few tiles of water though, enough to push the gobbos back, or off a cliff.  Fun with Pressure Plates is a must for any functional death run, and probably a few bait animals to make sure the runners stay focused.  These animals can be rendered safe and purely bait through creative use of bridges and doors.  Be sure to reclaim their weapons, but not their armor, so they'll be able to live longer and more entertainingly.

At the end though, the exit should be clear.  If any of them manage to make it out, then let them out.  Fair's fair.  You can tinker with their survival chances by putting them all in the same cage, linked to a switch, so that you can pop the cage and let 20 goblins run the gauntlet all at once.

Just make sure you have at least a few well armored soldiers while you're perfecting the details.  Runners who escape the yet-incomplete gauntlet should be killed or reclaimed, to extend testing of the track.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 02:55:29 am »

Hatches holding back pump-pressurized magma...
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 02:57:41 am »

...how will I deal with there corpses?

I modded my ethics, my dwarves will now carve totems and crafts from goblin corpses, as well as eat goblin flesh and wear goblin leather.  This requires you to regen the world, however...  Otherwise, you can get creative and display the bodies, by putting them at your gate or placing them on activated upright spears, or just toss them into magma or atom smash them (that is, close a drawbridge onto the corpse).

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 03:23:16 am »

Well you could fill the last one with hatches and drop them down a z-level where the only way out is by walking back all the way to the start.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.