Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Forum Game Repository and Rule and Story Refinery  (Read 7044 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Game Repository and Rule and Story Refinery
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2011, 09:31:35 pm »

I just told you say someone has 100 Infantry ,  50 Archers , and 10 cavalry
That would be three rolls one for the infantry, 1 for the archers, and 1 for the calvary
That'll lead to huge bullshit results.

Like, say, 1000 infantry fight 10 infantry. The 10 infantry roll a 10 and the 1000 roll a 1. What do you think people are going to think when their 1000 men are defeated by 10?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2011, 09:34:19 pm »

No if they had a thousand and the enemy had 10 I would divide the thousand by 10 then do that amount of rules and plus if the enemy had archers their infantry would get a cover fire bonus

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2011, 09:42:31 pm »

...But that would still lead to bull results. Even 100 men defeated (they rolled a 1) in a battle like that would be seriously unrealistic.

Whatever, go ahead and try it, you won't know if it works until you do. If it works and people think it's fair, good for you. If it doesn't, just change the rules and inform everyone that you've changed it, hopefully people will still follow your game.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2011, 09:49:53 pm »

Ok here an example fight

Romans:
1000 Infantry
500 Archers
250 Calavary

Venice:
Wall ( + 2 to rolls of units on the wall but units on the wall must be long range or there must be an enemy on the wall to fight )
500 Infantry ( outside gate
500  Archers
250 Calvary

ok infantry rolls

Roman:
500 = roll d10 = 6
500 = roll d10 = 4

Venice:
500 = roll d10 = 7

Romans would lose 100 for every point they are below the venice roll. Venice automatically loses 100 for facing 2 units but they otherwise recieve no damage

Ok If I removed romans archers Venice would get a + 1 on the infantry roll so would Venice If I removed theirs

Same goes for Cavalry they give Infantry a plus 1 bonus if there are no other calvary to counter them you get it now

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2011, 09:54:39 pm »

Do you think that will work

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2011, 10:17:02 pm »

Ehh. I don't know, I haven't really done much CaW for a while. The automatic -100 is dubious. It's kind of... Ehh. Also, going at 500s may be a little too much and lead to unreal-ish results. You may want to go at 100s. Whatever, like I said, try it, you won't know if it's bad or not until you try.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2011, 10:21:06 pm »

Ok I will divide armies up into groups of 100 thanks I will try

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2011, 10:35:16 pm »

Nvm I cant make one Phantom won't let me

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2011, 10:35:22 pm »

You know what? I am laying down some rules about who can make a true CaW game. Cheap knock-offs with different than my mechanics are fine. Even if they are called Nations at Strife. However if you don't bring anything new or just jack somebody else's rules without asking I will beat the turds out of it.

1. You must ask permission from me, or any of the current GM's if I don't feel like answering.
2. NO, NO SEX TECHS INVOLVED.
3. They must have a working ruleset.
4. They must have a good map.
5. They must not have an overpowered Player GM like me.
6. For the love of god, you must be able to handle it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:38:08 pm by Phantom »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2011, 10:46:41 pm »

I will only take 4 characters.
I will use a real map of europe.
It will take me a while but I am going to come up with some units and a money system ( most likely denaris )
and the rule set will be as said above
but here goes

Ok troops are broken up into groups of up to 100 each group gets 1 roll

Example of how bonuses will work

Romans:
1000 Infantry
500 Archers
250 Calavary

Venice:
Wall ( + 2 to rolls of units on the wall but units on the wall must be long range or there must be an enemy on the wall to fight )
500 Infantry ( outside gate
500  Archers
250 Calvary

ok infantry rolls

Roman:
500 = roll d10 = 6
500 = roll d10 = 4

Venice:
500 = roll d10 = 7

Romans would lose 100 for every point they are below the venice roll. Venice automatically loses 100 for facing 2 units but they otherwise recieve no damage

Ok If I removed romans archers Venice would get a + 1 on the infantry roll so would Venice If I removed theirs

Same goes for Cavalry they give Infantry a plus 1 bonus if there are no other calvary to counter them you get it now I know in this they are in 500 set groups I know  so there are the rules

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2011, 10:51:48 pm »

and my CoD game wont even start  :'(

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2011, 10:53:32 pm »

Okay f*cker, I have a suggestion for you. Ditch the individual soldiers and stop being so damn eager about your games.
Individual soldiers are just pointless, just use something like, I don't know, Legions or Companies.
And don't give a shit about money, just use a good old generic $ sign.

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2011, 10:54:07 pm »

What's wrong with it?
Edit: the cod game
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2011, 10:55:37 pm »

What's wrong with it?
Oh I'm sorry, have you ever tried to managed 1463 Huscarls against about 4578+ Viking troops? No, you haven't. If you ditch the individual troops you get some more streamlined gameplay that goes faster.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2011, 10:57:39 pm »

No idea and pahntom the CoD game I mean.

if I am talking about the medival version of C@W you buy 1 battalion of soldiers each time so buy 1 infantry is 100 infantry

I am talking about the CoD  game beacause you said no C@W game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6