Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone remember Lionhead's "B.C"?  (Read 2841 times)

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone remember Lionhead's "B.C"?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 08:55:17 pm »

i remember reading about this in an cross box magazine about half a decade ago, maybe more.

You were going to be able to interact with any object in the game etc....

It just never materialised, didnt really know why until this thread, but it wasnt difficult to guess.

hmm Lionhead, BW1 was sooo good, BW2 soooo bad. As a studio i think they lost their balls, do they still exist? or have they been swallowed by a larger company.

also this thread makes me feel old

who remembers early screens of halo for PC (before it switched to cross box) it had dinosaws too, Dinosoursre going to be all the rage on cross box, then turok (3 i think) sucked and maybes everyone decided dinosours notgood, but now we have some indie comming (i forget its name) with dinosours and people shooting them.

I remember one night, i was playing Homeworld cataclysm, and a friend linked me to the Halo for PC website (

(On AIM no less).

That site kicked so much ass, so many beautiful visuals, and my mouth was watering.

Then 6 months later microsoft bought the company, and..... i was forced to buy an xbox
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 09:17:51 pm »

who remembers early screens of halo for PC (before it switched to cross box) it had dinosaws too, Dinosoursre going to be all the rage on cross box, then turok (3 i think) sucked and maybes everyone decided dinosours notgood, but now we have some indie comming (i forget its name) with dinosours and people shooting them.

I remember one night, i was playing Homeworld cataclysm, and a friend linked me to the Halo for PC website (

(On AIM no less).

That site kicked so much ass, so many beautiful visuals, and my mouth was watering.

Then 6 months later microsoft bought the company, and..... i was forced to buy an xbox

I remember when Halo was a Sci-Fi Myth, then when it was a third-person shooter like Oni. Halo's development changed so radically over time that the switch to XBox didn't even seem that strange (rage-inducing, yes. Strange, no).
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 09:29:22 pm »

I wish there was more games that deal with unique terraforming and see creatures thrive and advance in the planet that i made like Sim Earth in a way, but more unique... If only a 3rd party gaming company can make something that can beat spore by x4.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 09:31:24 pm »

I wasn't going to post this, but it goes too well now.

http://www.fromdustgame.com/
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 09:46:42 pm »

(On AIM no less).

I remember when Halo was a Sci-Fi Myth, then when it was a third-person shooter like Oni. Halo's development changed so radically over time that the switch to XBox didn't even seem that strange (rage-inducing, yes. Strange, no).
One the point of Halo being a third-person shooter, I do remember early commercials for Halo being third-person.

There is a utility for putting it in third-person view, actually.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 10:29:56 pm »

HOW DID THAT SLIP UNDER MY RADAR?! HOW?!?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 11:07:24 pm »

Because you didn't look at this: Just click "Games of 2011 and beyond."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 11:36:08 pm »

From Dust looks kickass.  I remember being really excited for BC but I found out it was cancelled watching a documentary of Peter Molyneux on G4.  It was the same documentary where Peter admitted he had no grasp of the logistics of game design and was shocked and appalled when Black and White took longer than a few months.  I have no faith in Lionhead or any projects Lionhead undertakes, and I'm pretty damn optimistic about games.
Shoes...

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 12:07:48 am »

Looks interesting, but its from UBI, which means its going to be infested with DRM, probably locking your copy to a blood sample and requiring you to match that blood sample every time you want to play. (Pirates of course will crack this three days before release)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 02:55:30 am »

I am reminded of the Populous series of games with that...

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 06:57:10 am »

Looks interesting, but its from UBI, which means its going to be infested with DRM, probably locking your copy to a blood sample and requiring you to match that blood sample every time you want to play. (Pirates of course will crack this three days before release)

i concur, i like the look of this game but should it ever be released, i would not pay for ubi drm.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 07:27:18 am »

I'm definitely getting From Dust, been keeping my eye on it for a while.

PS3 version though, there's no way that's going to infect my PC.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 10:13:15 am »

Same here, my PS3 is dying for some fresh meaty games to chew on. But do we actually know anything else about From Dust besides the terraforming aspect? I know it has something to do with saving a tribe of people too, but are there any closer details about the actual gameplay?

Also, I loved Populous: The Beginning. Just thinking about it makes me want to install it again. Did you know it still has a thriving multiplayer community? Pretty amazing for a late 90's game.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 [2]