Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tunnels connecting the moutain home and your fort.  (Read 2849 times)

Sunken

• Bay Watcher
  • Wabewalker
    • View Profile
Re: Tunnels connecting the moutain home and your fort.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 12:34:23 pm »

So, imagine a SimCity2000 (I think, I may have got my versions mixed up) version of sending your powerlines/water/highways to the edge of the map and getting the opportunity to link them to the neighbouring region (which you could be playing in parallel) in order to export excess power or import much needed water.  Except that I like the idea that it isn't the player's choice, but that after a certain amount of Reputation, the Mountainholm engineers, architects and diggers send a spur of the existing tunnel network towards your embark site, there's a break-through made into your bordering tiles (hopefully engineered, by game or external dwarfs, to avoid the spot you're busy venting water or magma away from) and it's your job to make a properly constructed roaded-tunnel from there to your Depot (or a depot, at least).  Much as per the old "build us so much road, and we'll promote you" thing.
I'd rather have them announce that they're about to reach you and then you can decide where they should come in, explicitly or implicitly by digging a tunnel to the correct edge of the map. No reason why they should appear randomly I think.

I like the idea a lot. Deep Roads = win
Alpha version? More like elf aversion!

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2011, 07:18:19 pm »

i do like the idea where you send items/DBs to start the building process.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2011, 05:20:31 pm »

Still for it, because tunnels are still completely useless, especially now that mountain homes aren't being generated on the map.  You used to be able to travel from site to site, Dwarven-style.  Now...

Oh for Armok's sake, I can't wait till Toady pays as much attention to the Dwarven sites as he is with the human towns.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 02:10:47 am »

would this not be something that should go in during the trading arc? thats being worked on. ( if thats is the one hes working on right now)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 02:24:07 am »

Yes, it deffinitely belongs in the Trading Arc.

I say that it should go in right after we get the Mountain Homes back.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.
Pages: 1 2 [3]