Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: *****  (Read 1290 times)

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« on: January 28, 2011, 12:28:39 pm »

The Forgotten Beast Radir Shato Mete has come! An enormous quadruped composed of obsidian. It has a knobby trunk and it has a bloated body. Beware its webs!

Obsidian...am I screwed? I have a pretty good military, with some blue weapons.

claer_runway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *****
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 12:37:48 pm »

just avoid it.
You can't program common sense.

like Skies of Arcadia?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/clearrunway

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:38:57 pm »

You can take it easy.  Inorganic forgotten beats are overrated, especially with adamantine weaponry.  It doesn't even have a syndrome.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 12:45:51 pm »

Never mind, it didn't get a hit in.

On the other hand, one speardwarf, arriving late to the party, was ambushed by another FB (an opossum with a poisonous bite) called Idor Hollowpukes the Nude Paddle. Ironically, the speardwarf he's fighting (who's doing well so far) is nicknamed Ingish Paddlerumors. It must be fate.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 12:55:39 pm »

You can take it easy.  Inorganic forgotten beats are overrated, especially with adamantine weaponry.

Technically, it's only the hardcoded inorganic beasts (i.e. made of these materials) that are pushovers, since said materials all have placeholders for their physical properties - anything made from a type of stone or gem is more likely to be dangerous.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 02:09:53 pm »

Never mind, it didn't get a hit in.

what kinds of weapons did you use, and how many hits did it take?
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 02:22:11 pm »

How much are the webs worth?  Can you turn them into silk?

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 05:30:34 pm »

It died after about 4 pages of combat, and I was using candy axes, spears and swords and steel hammers. I don't think it used any webs, and I can't check now because the fort was almost brought down by FB#3, which died easily enough but spread enough poison to take everyone with it. My hallways are streams of miasma - everyone affected had their entire body rotting.

Hivemind

• Bay Watcher
  • PEEKABOO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 05:59:43 pm »

How much are the webs worth?  Can you turn them into silk?

I was just thinking this. I wonder if it's possible to farm FB's the way we do the GCS.
Socks.  Lots and lots of socks.  It's the greatest Dwarven vice of all, outstripping alcohol by several orders of magnitude: the desire to own and haul as many feet-warming tubes of cloth as possible.
It's the tent of Hilarious Flying Shenanigans!  Everyone's favorite circus.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 06:06:42 pm »

At the moment, forgotten beast webs are bugged.  Some forgotten beasts will claim to ave webs, but they never use them, due to not having the right tag in their raws.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.