Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 365652 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!
« Reply #5715 on: July 21, 2014, 01:13:29 pm »

This isn't even a joke, Al Jazeera does a lot of good journalism.  Their main issue is that they can't criticize the Qatari government.
Indeed. I hold the BBC, RT and Al Jazeera to be the trinity of news sources that are only second to the sources firsthand. Except when the BBC talks about anything to do with British politics, RT anything to do with anything about Russia and Al Jazeera talks about the middle east. But then you can always trust one of the sources in the trinity to cover something one of the others doesn't want to cover unbiasedly, unless you have something which affects all three simultaneously in which case god give you help.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: July 21, 2014, 01:15:17 pm »

The notion that the vigilantes were in any way defending a synagogue appears to be entirely false, yeah.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: July 21, 2014, 01:20:11 pm »

Since Qatar funds ISIS, Hamas and Al qaeda and support radical islam, Al jazeera cannot be seen as an objective source of information regarding those issues.

Leafsnail - there was no damage to that synagogue because the french police and the JDL chased the islamists away.
So it wasn't entirely fabricated, Since most of the claims were that the synagogue was "sieged" by thousands of pro-palestines that chanted death to israel and itbah el yahud (death to jews).

France should really do something about radical islam in its country. this will lead to no good.

The notion that the vigilantes were in any way defending a synagogue appears to be entirely false, yeah.

Source?

https://twitter.com/LDJ_France/status/488396908994768896/photo/1
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:25:35 pm by burningpet »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: July 21, 2014, 01:25:55 pm »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=675217589237620&set=vb.212529805506403&type=2&theater

More video from on the ground, this one without any funky editing. Still pretty goddamn terrifying.

Edit:
http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/government-it/israeli-propaganda-war-hits-social-media-20140717-ztvky.html?=

Inspired by the role of social media during the Arab Spring and boosted by the support of the Israeli government and Israel Defence Force, student volunteers at the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya, a private university north of Tel Aviv, are waging their own propaganda war countering online anti-Israeli sentiment.

Staffed by approximately 400 student volunteers the project which goes by the name “Israel Under Fire”, claims to have succeeded in closing anti-Israeli pages on Facebook and challenging propaganda from Hamas, the organisation that governs the Gaza Strip and whose military arm is firing rockets at Israel.
Israel Under Fire: the social media project is staffed by 400 volunteer students.

Israel Under Fire: the social media project is staffed by 400 volunteer students.

According to Igal Raich, a 23-year-old IDC student who volunteers in what is called "The Advocacy Room", the project aims to counter what is perceived as a false representation of Israel in international and social media through Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

[...]

Critics of the Israeli social media campaign suggest that, like many things on the internet, it is difficult to discern truth and are sceptical of the authenticity of pro-Israeli posts that appear to be organic but are government propaganda.

“The whole point of such efforts is to look like they are unofficial, just everyday people chatting online,” Dena Shunra, a Hebrew-English translator, told The Electronic Intifada, an online news site.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:30:01 pm by GlyphGryph »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: July 21, 2014, 01:30:30 pm »

All of this really makes me wonder.. do the Gazans still think Hamas is able to protect them, at all? Where are their fighters trying to help any wounded on the streets? They're cowards, and won't even attempt to help their people if it means risking a Hamas soldier. I just want this over. The Palestinian people deserve better.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: July 21, 2014, 01:31:45 pm »

http://myashkelon.co.il/dyncontent//dyncontent/CMSObject//2014/7/16/812527150345170114536.jpg

Israel use soldiers to protect its kids. Hamas use kids to protect its missiles. i don't think even the gazans hope for hamas to protect them, they are simply living in utter terror.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:34:25 pm by burningpet »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: July 21, 2014, 01:38:15 pm »

Dalia Hatuqa @DaliaHatuqa · 54m
#Gaza death toll rises to 550. Number of people injured: 3350 https://twitter.com/press221/status/491246202290466816

State of Palestine @Palestine_UN · 44m
#Chile cuts ties with #Israel over its continuing massacres in #Gaza

Barak Ravid @BarakRavid · 11m
BREAKING: FM Lieberman: We will work to prevent Al-Jazeera TV from operating in Israel

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5722 on: July 21, 2014, 01:38:48 pm »

All of this really makes me wonder.. do the Gazans still think Hamas is able to protect them, at all? Where are their fighters trying to help any wounded on the streets? They're cowards, and won't even attempt to help their people if it means risking a Hamas soldier. I just want this over. The Palestinian people deserve better.
The ride never ends my friend, especially in the middle east. Hamas won't help Palestinians because their goal is not to do that, it is to exact as much damage as possible on Israel. I mean, they're not exactly suicide bombing to help themselves.

*EDIT
This thing suggests there is a correlation between poverty, revenge and martyrdom.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:41:01 pm by Loud Whispers »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: July 21, 2014, 01:48:32 pm »

They probably think Hamas is at least willing to fight for them, and no matter how ineffectual that is, there's a lot of rage on the ground over the situation they are in (and the fact that terrible people exist everywhere). Hamas has been actively engaging the IDF ground invasion forces though, and has now killed more soldiers than they killed anyone since the last major Israeli invasion. 25 Israeli deaths now since the operation began, 23 of those military.

They are still horrible, but I have a feeling most Gazans see them as the only people that are at least pretending to act in their interests. Worth remembering, also, how little Hamas can actually do to protect them. They can't exactly stop missiles.

-----

Maisam Morr ‏@MaysamMorr 42s
A number of UN schools in Maghazi (middle of the Strip) are asking people out because they can't grantee their safety.
#GazaUnderAttack

Nisreen AlShawa ‏@iNeescafe 42s
124 Palestinians killed in 24 hours in #Gaza (10am, 20 July - 10am, 21 July). 107 were civilians, including 45 children, 26 women @pchrgaza

Joe Catron ‏@jncatron 48s
IDF tweet depicts Houses of Parliament in rocket attack to justify Israel's invasion of Gaza http://bit.ly/1pwfBCr via @RT_com
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:52:29 pm by GlyphGryph »

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: July 21, 2014, 01:52:04 pm »

Just like north koreans think their twisted leaders are protecting them against the world's evil.

This is a silly notion that can only come to life due to extreme inner terror by hamas.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: July 21, 2014, 01:52:31 pm »

Since Qatar funds ISIS, Hamas and Al qaeda and support radical islam, Al jazeera cannot be seen as an objective source of information regarding those issues.

Leafsnail - there was no damage to that synagogue because the french police and the JDL chased the islamists away.
So it wasn't entirely fabricated, Since most of the claims were that the synagogue was "sieged" by thousands of pro-palestines that chanted death to israel and itbah el yahud (death to jews).
I've already provided a source, see the Independent article I posted earlier.  As it states, no religious buildings were targeted in any way by the protestors.

The truth is that there was violence outside the synagogue (which may have prevented some people from leaving), but this was a street fight, apparently provoked by the LDJ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geye3CS3e0A
The claims that the synagogue was somehow "under siege" beforehand are false.  The director of the synagogue in question appeared on the news and confirmed that.
http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/synagogue-attributed-semitism.html
(the second video is the interview)

https://twitter.com/LDJ_France/status/488396908994768896/photo/1
Good to see you uncritically repeating claims by violent religious extremists I guess?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:58:39 pm by Leafsnail »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: July 21, 2014, 01:57:47 pm »

Israeli racist right wingers calling for gassing Jews engaged in wrong-thinking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_rZNhQqKnI

Holy fuck:
"Send left-wing voters to the gas chambers and clean this country of leftists!" "Death to Arabs!"

Democracy now on Shelling of the hospital and details on the attack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd4TEzwnydo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKcfLF4NxCo

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5727 on: July 21, 2014, 01:58:37 pm »

Just like north koreans think their twisted leaders are protecting them against the world's evil.
This is a silly notion that can only come to life due to extreme inner terror by hamas.
To be fair even with all the extreme inner terror a lot of North Koreans are getting real sick of their government's shit, that's why Kimmy is only making his chances of surviving the digital world better by easing his grip over his people. I read that report and it seems a significant amount of the time the Palestinians who get recruited into suicide bombing do it because they're poor and want revenge, having had run ins with the IDF before. Does this seem like it's worth an addressing from you?

Israeli racist right wingers calling for gassing Jews engaged in wrong-thinking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_rZNhQqKnI

Holy fuck:
"Send left-wing voters to the gas chambers and clean this country of leftists!" "Death to Arabs!"
IRONY METER HAS JUST CATASTROPHICALLY FAILED

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: July 21, 2014, 02:40:28 pm »

This isn't even a joke, Al Jazeera does a lot of good journalism.  Their main issue is that they can't criticize the Qatari government.
Indeed. I hold the BBC, RT and Al Jazeera to be the trinity of news sources that are only second to the sources firsthand. Except when the BBC talks about anything to do with British politics, RT anything to do with anything about Russia and Al Jazeera talks about the middle east. But then you can always trust one of the sources in the trinity to cover something one of the others doesn't want to cover unbiasedly, unless you have something which affects all three simultaneously in which case god give you help.
I just want to make sure that you are actually reading some of the things being said, since you just basically repeated what LW said.

They probably think Hamas is at least willing to fight for them, and no matter how ineffectual that is, there's a lot of rage on the ground over the situation they are in (and the fact that terrible people exist everywhere). Hamas has been actively engaging the IDF ground invasion forces though, and has now killed more soldiers than they killed anyone since the last major Israeli invasion. 25 Israeli deaths now since the operation began, 23 of those military.

They are still horrible, but I have a feeling most Gazans see them as the only people that are at least pretending to act in their interests. Worth remembering, also, how little Hamas can actually do to protect them. They can't exactly stop missiles.
IDF sweeps in guns blazing every few years.  Collateral Damage sky rocket each time.  Israel insists the blame is always 100% on Hamas, never their own fault, cause scapegoat gives em carte blanche to do 'whatever it takes for the good of their people'.

Also, about Hamas coming out to help injured civilians... probably the ones who do rush out to help injured civilians have been killed in the last few ground invasions, the rest have learned the hard lesson.

The Gaza Strip is the perfect breeding ground for sheer fanaticism and blinding hate.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: July 21, 2014, 02:43:03 pm »

Also, about Hamas coming out to help injured civilians... probably the ones who do rush out to help injured civilians have been killed in the last few ground invasions, the rest have learned the hard lesson.

Some people don't think that's acceptable of a group who claims to defend a populace.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 416