Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 365557 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!
« Reply #5445 on: July 18, 2014, 02:46:51 pm »

If you want people to stop doing something, make it an unrewarding strategy.

If we nuke the entirety of Ukraine then Putin will stand to gain nothing from it.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: July 18, 2014, 02:47:55 pm »

It's not so much giving the terrorists what they want, as it is making people not want to become terrorists.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: July 18, 2014, 02:51:06 pm »

If we nuke the entirety of Ukraine then Putin will stand to gain nothing from it.
You see, my point is.... that is moral to allow innocents to die if that is the only way to save more innocents

If you will explain me how killing millions of Ukrainians will save more lives I'll admit that it is what must be done
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: July 18, 2014, 03:09:49 pm »

It may be that the current Hamas would fall apart or drastically change into a more moderate one once Israel stops forcing the Palastinians into the corner.
With Palastines borders opening up and industry/trade happening, the people of Palastine will have more to lose if they go to war again.  Do you really think the general populace will want to go back to what is happening now after experiencing such a revitalization?

Of course... you focus on this like the general populace will continue supporting Hamas as it does now... As if nothing is going to change once the demands are met and after the 10 year ceasefire.
So.. you still didn't read hamas charter?
Re-read that.

Hamas has hardliners, yes.  But I can bet you the majority of its fighters are more moderate or they become radicalized because of what Israel is doing to the Palastinians.
(Which you argue is because of Hamas.  It is a fun circle of hate that self perpetuates ain't it?)

You see, my point is.... that is moral to allow innocents to die if that is the only way to save more innocents

If you will explain me how killing millions of Ukrainians will save more lives I'll admit that it is what must be done
/sarcasm Technically, cleansing the Gaza strips would save even more lives in the long run of history.  Because their would be no future generation of people/children to die.  /sarcasm
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5449 on: July 18, 2014, 03:30:37 pm »

Has anyone linked this gem here yet? It seems relevant to the discussion at hand.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: July 18, 2014, 04:15:26 pm »

without Ukraine

without

killing millions of Ukrainians

stahp
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: July 18, 2014, 04:16:44 pm »

MK Ayelet Shaked from the Jewish Home party (which is part of the Israeli government) had some lovely things to say on her FB page apparently.

Behind every terrorist stand dozens of men and women, without whom he could not engage in terrorism. They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there.

On another post:

This is not a war against terror, and not a war against extremists, and not even a war against the Palestinian Authority. The reality is that this is a war between two people. Who is the enemy? The Palestinian people. Why? Ask them, they started it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: July 18, 2014, 04:28:05 pm »

Yet "no negotiations with terrorists" mean exactly that kind of strategy of dealing with them

Terrorists must know that their act of terror will result in
a) Their death
b) Their demands ignored

Why are there still terrorists in Gaza then?  Israel has shown it's willing to kill "human shields" (and also kids playing on a beach).

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: July 18, 2014, 04:34:19 pm »

Yet "no negotiations with terrorists" mean exactly that kind of strategy of dealing with them

a) Their death
b) Their demands ignored

Why are there still terrorists in Gaza then?  Israel has shown it's willing to kill "human shields" (and also kids playing on a beach).

Because Hamas is stubborn? Of course, it doesn't help that they'll be martyred when they die or something, which makes point a moot.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: July 18, 2014, 04:35:45 pm »

a) Their death
b) Their demands ignored

Because they're fighting for their freedom... not the way I would accept but it's a way of doing that.

They do not fight for money, and they do not fear death. They're not rational actors, and that's why UR's strategy will be a failure.
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: July 18, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »

Bill Maher, a man I loathe with a passion, had this to say earlier today on twitter:

Quote from: Bill Maher
Dealing w/ Hamas is like dealing w/ a crazy woman who's trying to kill u - u can only hold her wrists so long before you have to slap her

Of course there was this response from Frankie Boyle:

Quote from: Frankie Boyle
I hear you. Women do go crazy when you blow up their kids, huh?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:43:21 pm by Owlbread »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: July 18, 2014, 04:38:08 pm »

Why is no one discussing the live feeds from the ongoing UN meeting?

Israel condemned by PA (of course), Chile (not unexpected), China (huh), and Britain (woah)

Defended by Israel and the US

France dicks about and tries not to say anything meaningful about anything.

And Hamas doesn't give a shit about their charter, they don't follow it, they have announced it is not an important document and is merely historical, and it doesn't determine their policy. It is the equivalent of the Declaration of Independence - it has no actual weight in regards to anything they decide to do.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: July 18, 2014, 04:46:21 pm »

China seems a little ironic. Britain I'm not surprised about. The people I've talked to that knew about it were pretty pissed off with Israel.

Also, Frankie Boyle making a good point? Who hit him on the head recently?

He actually makes a lot of good political points. He does a lot of good work in support of the release of Shaker Aamer, a British prisoner in Guantanamo Bay.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5458 on: July 18, 2014, 04:49:08 pm »

Where can I find these live feeds? I googled, but all I got was a conference on sustainable development.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: July 18, 2014, 04:49:23 pm »

Huh.

Maybe I've been seeing too many older things he's done, then.

Joke-wise he's the same as he always was. When he's not trying to be outrageous he's a very politically conscious soul.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 416