Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 365270 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!
« Reply #5280 on: July 13, 2014, 10:42:05 am »

Israeli Commandos raid Gaza beach.

Additionally, they're dropping leaflets in advance of larger scale bombing, wiping out parts of the neighborhood.

Edit: IIRC, they supply situation is becoming a bit problematic as well. Only a few days before the hospitals run out of medicine.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:44:25 am by 10ebbor10 »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: July 13, 2014, 10:46:18 am »

yep, it's over

we might be past the ghetto stage here lads

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: July 13, 2014, 06:41:18 pm »

Here is Michael Gove, Tory MP and British Secretary of State for Education, talking about why he's "proud to be a Zionist" and why "friends of democracy, friends of freedom and friends of Israel must stand up and say proudly that Israel has achieved amazing things". He finishes up by saying "Happy birthday Israel, here's to 65 years of success".

It is a facebook link unfortunately, but I can't find a better link.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: July 13, 2014, 07:42:02 pm »

What *has* Israel accomplished? o.o
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: July 13, 2014, 08:07:30 pm »

They've caused serious damage to all of the groups that have been causing them trouble. Until now, they've held off on it because of collateral damage, but now there's enough rage in Israel to crush them utterly without nearly as much backlash for civilian deaths. It probably won't stop the trouble entirely, and will certainly create even more rage, but it will allow the Israelis to cause all of those groups significant, lasting damage in skilled personnel and equipment. I just hope this doesn't continue to escalate.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: July 13, 2014, 08:21:58 pm »

Er... I mean in it's 65 years. :V

I figured that'd be obvious. From the context. Considering the dude was talking about the accomplishments of Israel. Over the 65 years. :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5286 on: July 13, 2014, 08:31:49 pm »

What *has* Israel accomplished? o.o
Keeping the Muslim world from ever uniting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: July 13, 2014, 08:42:53 pm »

I don't think there would have been any uniting either way. The UAR didn't crash because of Israel, though I'm sure plenty of people would blame it on them anyway.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: July 13, 2014, 10:30:26 pm »

yep, it's over

Ghetto stage?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: July 13, 2014, 10:37:29 pm »

yep, it's over

Ghetto stage?

yeah, i have a quite nice opinion regarding what israel is doing with palestine in the long run

stating it when the resident israelis are busy being in the army and can't shout at me would be a bit rude towards them though

look up that one happenstance involving jews and ghettos in the mid-20th century thanks

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: July 14, 2014, 12:20:42 pm »

This is a case of the European and MidEast topics crossing over and I'm not even sure which one to post in, so I'm posting in both. Though the MidEast thread is probably more relevant.

I saw it on CNN, but citing it with other news sources.

Apparently some synagogues in Paris were mobbed during some anti-israel (or pro-palestinan, depending on how you spin it) protests.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/two-synagogues-attacked-paris-during-recent-anti-israel-protests

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/israelgaza-conflict-synagogues-attacked-as-propalestinian-protest-in-paris-turns-violent-9604254.html

(general google news linkage for your perusal) https://news.google.com/news?ncl=dfQuBznsGpiIhYMGKwtfxbMcNxTQM&q=france+protest&lr=English&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ARDEU4fgAc-pyAS674Ao&ved=0CCoQqgIwAA

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: July 14, 2014, 05:34:07 pm »

just so you guys know we're about to go into a ceasefire so let's keep hope alive!
it's just stupidly frustrating dealing with Hamas, wait a few hours and they suddenly forget there's a ceasefire

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: July 15, 2014, 01:44:27 am »

Fuck, suck for those synagogue. It's particularly worrying how in France anti-Zionism serve as a front for a bunch of anti-semitic bastards.

SharkKris: AFAIK, the first one to shoot in this case was Israel, striking into Gaza to destroy the homes of the suspected killers of those 3 Israeli teens.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: July 15, 2014, 03:35:00 am »

Aaaaand Hamas hasn't agreed to a ceasefire.

Sheb, AFAIK they were shooting rockets the whole time - it just intensified after that incident.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: July 15, 2014, 04:01:57 am »

Aaaaand Hamas hasn't agreed to a ceasefire.

Sheb, AFAIK they were shooting rockets the whole time - it just intensified after that incident.

nah i've gotta give them credit they let up a bit during the night so i didn't have to sleep in the shelter but come morning and here we are again.
btw we've yet to retaliate at all.
this scene seems to be a great analogy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 416