Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 365236 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!
« Reply #5250 on: July 11, 2014, 12:48:36 am »

Oh, you guys mean the iraqi morale.  Yeah they could conceivably get through that if they did it right.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: July 11, 2014, 12:01:04 pm »

Israeli airstrikes might be in conflict with international law.

"We have received deeply disturbing reports that many of the civilian casualties, including of children, occurred as a result of strikes on homes," Pillay said. "Such reports raise serious doubt about whether the Israeli strikes have been in accordance with international humanitarian law and international human rights law."

Medical officials in Gaza said at least 74 civilians, including 23 children, were among those killed since Tuesday.

On the other hand, the rockets Hamas fired against the reactor earlier do count as nuclear terrorism.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: July 11, 2014, 12:14:23 pm »

Heh, Israel is called bad again. How surprising...

World is crazy

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: July 11, 2014, 02:24:02 pm »

Well, Hamas does use human shields and Israel can't just turtle up and block nearly every missile and not strike back. Well, they could, but that isn't what they are choosing to do.

Also, some rockets were fired from Lebanon into Israel. Whether or not it's an isolated thing or something bigger, no idea. The Lebanese have arrested some suspects though.

www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Lebanon-News/2014/Jul-11/263507-rocket-attack-from-lebanon-draws-israeli-fire.ashx#axzz37BnNeE8Z

http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protective-Edge/Lebanon-reportedly-arrests-man-in-connection-to-rocket-fired-to-Upper-Galilee-362389

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: July 11, 2014, 03:16:53 pm »

My grandparents had to flee from Eastern Prussia during the war. I guess I'll spend the next few weeks going around asking Hamas apologetics whether that entitles me to fire rockets across the Oder :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: July 11, 2014, 03:29:55 pm »

Feel free.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: July 11, 2014, 04:37:05 pm »

shit, i'll go there and give you the coordinates of german townhouses so you don't hit these but everything around them

that is totally what will happen

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: July 11, 2014, 06:52:50 pm »

Whenever someone says 'Kurds', I end up thinking of lemon curd.
Screw you, now I'm hungry.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: July 11, 2014, 09:07:09 pm »

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0FG0R520140711?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&irpc=932

Kurds seize iraq oil.
Iraq is a doomed state anyway...

Yeah, the balkanization of Iraq seems all but inevitable at this point. Not sure if 'balkanization' is too extreme a term to describe it though.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: July 11, 2014, 11:52:05 pm »

It was inevitable. I'm surprised it isn't happening to their neighbors yet, too. You can't draw borders that arbitrary without causing ‼issues‼.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: July 12, 2014, 12:01:55 am »

Ideally kurdistan will get recognition, they have been effectively their own entity for a long time.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: July 12, 2014, 01:02:47 am »

It was inevitable. I'm surprised it isn't happening to their neighbors yet, too. You can't draw borders that arbitrary without causing ‼issues‼.

Most of them don't have the same kind of split along religious lines. Still though, blame colonialism for the straight and somewhat arbitrary lines, which I think are largely because of uninhibited desert.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: July 12, 2014, 01:41:29 pm »

"Iraq", like so many countries, does not exist. Dissolving into its constituent parts is a natural process, one that I welcome as I think it will lead to a stronger peace in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 416